PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird noise when I take my foot offf the gas petal

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 12:01 PM
Default Weird noise when I take my foot offf the gas petal

Hi Hummer enthusiasts! I have a Hummer H3 year 2007 and when I take my foot off the accelerator my car makes a grinding/vibrating sound. Has anyone else have this problem or know what it could be? Thanks!

Old 03-24-2018, 02:52 PM

I'd recommend to get thy self under the H3 and take a look at some of the stuff.
Could be front or rear drive shafts, cv axles, trans/tranx mounts.. on and on.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

CAT Heat Shield and/or exhaust manifold heat shield.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:23 PM
Default Thank you

I would look under my car if I knew what I was looking at haha. I was just looking for options for what it might be for when I get it fixed.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:02 PM

Probably not the best vehicle to own if you don"t know what you are looking at....unless you have a lot of $$$ then I would say enjoy your H3! Good luck.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 07H3White
I would look under my car if I knew what I was looking at haha. I was just looking for options for what it might be for when I get it fixed.
Knowledge is power. Never too late to learn.... or just bumble along dumb as chit if you like.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Chimpy
Probably not the best vehicle to own if you don"t know what you are looking at....unless you have a lot of $$$ then I would say enjoy your H3! Good luck.
why would you say that? You can say that to anyone who owns a car and doesn’t know mechanics.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Knowledge is power. Never too late to learn.... or just bumble along dumb as chit if you like.
Wow, I came here to get advice not to get criticized. Heaven forbid you ever need advice/help.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, I came here to get advice not to get criticized. Heaven forbid you ever need advice/help.
= kidding = funny. Guess you did not like my bad sarcastic joke?
Sorry bout that.

My thought is kinda like, if you have no idea what to look for or how to fix anything automotive and you are just going to a repair facility and hand them cash to fix it.... why ask what might be wrong?

When you drive an old vehicle (h3s are now 8-12 years old), be prepared for stuff to need fixin. When you add to that the limited production factor, be prepared to hand out the cabbage when you do get it fixed.

Anyways, best of luck. Enjoy your 3.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:44 PM

why would you say that? You can say that to anyone who owns a car and doesn’t know mechanics.
Not anyone sir but specifically only to someone that asks such a vague question. Hummers are not just "a car". The H3 is AWD with available 4WD. Not only is there a transmission under there but also a transfer case with 2 prop shafts; a lot going on compared to " a car ". We went easy on you. Go to some mechanics and state your problem verbatim and they might laugh at you and at the same time be thinking about how much $$ they will take from you which leads to what Doc says about knowledge being power. It also protects you from greedy mechanics.
You might try to describe if the noise is coming from the front or back of the H3. If it vibrates, do you feel it in the back of your seat or in the steering wheel? Does it do it right after start-up or after it has warmed up? Kinda like going to your doctor and telling him/her, "I don't feel good".
Don't be so uptight, relax.
Let the search feature be your friend on here.

Quick Reply: Weird noise when I take my foot offf the gas petal