PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leak and Service in NJ/PA Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Default Water Leak and Service in NJ/PA Question

So, with both of the past two heavy rainstorms we've gotten here in NJ, after the storm was over, my wife discovered that the passenger seatbelt was soaking wet.

After the first storm, I brought it in for service last week to Royal Cadillac Hummer in NJ. They weren't positive on finding the problem, but thought it was a loose sunroof drain. Well, with last night's rain, the seatbelt was again soaked. They can't take it until next Thursday. Not sure if I should even go back there. Any impressions?

Also, for service in general, this is the first problem I've had with the H3 and my first real experience with dealer service on it. I don't get my oil changes at the dealer because I have an uncle that owns a Meineke dealer who takes care of non-warranty maintenance for me. Anyone have experience with Royal? My alternatives are Scott Hummer, Green Brook Hummer, and Hummer of Mahwah (where I purchased). Any experience with those service departments? Another big issue for me is the service loaners. I did not go back to Mahwah Hummer because they give out Enterprise cars only and don't take care of all of the fees. I thought Royal gave out H3's or Caddy's, but when I got there last week, they had an Enterprise rental waiting for me. I'd really like to find a dealer with a good service department and Hummer service loaners. Any ideas for that?

Old 04-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Default RE: Water Leak and Service in NJ/PA Question

I had a terrible experience with Green Brook Hummer when shopping and based on that, I would't trust them to put gas in my H3. I use Perrine GMC/ Hummer in Ease Windsor, NJbut that may be a haul for you. Sorry I can't help you with who you should use, but I can tell you to stay away from Green Brook -- By the way, Perrine providesan Enterprise rental also, butonly for thosewho purchased from them (I think).

Good luck.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:53 AM

the best way to try to find the leak is take it to the carwash
and have someone sit in the seat and start sprayin

i have put mechanics in car trunksand sprayed the
car down to find exactly where the water is coming in from

Old 04-28-2007, 12:30 PM

Wow, that's some trust on the part of your mechanic!!! When I brought it in last week, they had pulled the headliner down (leaving some marks on the grab handles in the process), to see where the leak was coming from, but that didn't work. I'll have to get more proactive this time.

Thanks for the info on Green Brook, by the way.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:20 PM

When I had my 06, I went to Scott Hummer in Allentown Pa, for a few problems I had, and I had no problems with them.I didn't need a loaner, so not sure what they loan out. Thats were I bought my 07 from, and everyone seems really nice.