PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

WARRANTY WORK

Old 02-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Default WARRANTY WORK

I was asking the dealer the other day what the statute of limitations are on the Brakes, he told me 8,000 miles. After that, the Brakes are my problem. Any thoughts on this? The Land Rover I had, only had a 3000 mile courtesy coverage on the Brakes.

BTW..I know it’s pretty early yet to worry about Brake pads...But I had mine out and in, in less than a minute the other day, that is, after I got the 2000 pound tire off..They are a piece of cake to change.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Default RE: WARRANTY WORK

ur talking about problems with brakes, or just the usual wear and tear ??

Old 02-17-2006, 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Raffi76

ur talking about problems with brakes, or just the usual wear and tear ??
Yeah...If you have a premature wearout or problem with them, such as abnormal wear, squealing, or rotors warping, etc., within 8,000 miles they are under warranty.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:35 PM

I guess 8K is a good number

Old 02-17-2006, 10:51 PM

8000 not bad they have the longest warranty on the whole truck then any hummer

and why did you take yours off and did you ever fix you bumper

Old 02-17-2006, 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

8000 not bad they have the longest warranty on the whole truck then any hummer

and why did you take yours off and did you ever fix you bumper
I was interest to see how easy or difficult it wold be..as I said, I'm a do-it-yourselfer and like to see how things go together..The H3's brakes are well engineered for ease of changing that's for sure...

The bumper project still waits on a dodad I've ordered..No sense taking it apart twice..Once it arrives I'll tackle the jobs together...

Right now I'm having fits trying to find a freaking squeak in left side of the dash area behind the steeringwheel area..Can't pin the damn thing down...It sounds like a rubber squeak of some kind...yes, I used Ky-Jelly and still can't find it..I've been spraying silicone spray on anything and everything under there..Driving me crazy!!!..Can't hear it on smooth roads, only rough ones that make the dash jiggle, it's not very loud, the radio hides the sound when playing it... but ...Know what I mean?

Old 02-17-2006, 11:07 PM

wounder if it some wire rubbing aginst somthing

my passager seat makes a noise evertime i stop when someone sitting in it but do you think it work for the dealer
driving me crazy

Old 02-17-2006, 11:38 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

wounder if it some wire rubbing aginst somthing

my passager seat makes a noise evertime i stop when someone sitting in it but do you think it work for the dealer
driving me crazy
Yeah, a wire or something like that rubbing..I'll find that bastard sooner or later[sm=shootshoot.gif]

My Land Rover had a seat squeak..I solved it by cutting off pieces of those big foam spounges you get for washing cars...I kept wedging pieces in and around the springs and stuff till it stopped..

Old 02-20-2006, 07:41 AM

Your brakes will wear out prematurely... At 5900 lbs I am assuming they will wear out pretty fast depending on how fast you drive and how much city you do... Dealers don't like covering any wear item so 8000 seems fair... I am much, much more worried about the transmission being that it too suffers the 5900 lbs problem but unlike any other car that weighs that much, this one compensated for its lack of power by always remaining in the power band of the engine... To do it, it shift twice as much as any other automatic I have seen and double downshifts on the highway to keep up in cruise... All in all not a good set of circumstances for those of us hoping to make our transmissions last a long, long time...

Old 02-20-2006, 07:44 AM

P.S. My drivers seat makes noise every time I get out... My dealer list it as "by design" as well as the many other things I have found that don't work right... I have dropped it off with 2 long lists and they have fixed maybe 5% of the items... The rest they list as "by design"...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WARRANTY WORK