PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Under powered my a$$

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Default Under powered my a$$

Im tryin to figure out why everyone think the I5 is underpowered. I always have enough power. Even when some dumb kid thinks his honda is quick my bone stock h3 makes easy work of it. Remember its not always the vehicle. I once saw a stock mercuray topaz keep pace with a trans am w56 from light to light. I even smoked a benz with the 6.3 with my v6 buick rendezvous. My point is you have to know how to use your vehicle or pull over and sit on your hands.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:19 PM
rsc

Wuz dis in GTA or fo realz???

Old 03-17-2013, 12:11 AM

in real life with both cars stock and running correctly a topaz will not keep up with a wS6, assuming you meant a S and not a 5. I will agree the I5 is not as bad as one make it, with stock tires, ive driven was worse, but it s definatly not a plant you *** in the seat powerhouse like you're making it out to be.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:04 AM

With my pcmforless.com tune, my I5 pulls so much better from 3-6k

Old 03-17-2013, 08:51 AM

No dont plant u in ur seat i agree but its not always the car. And yes it was in real life. I had a stock v6 tempo with a cherry bomb and beat lots of vehicles including a dakota sport. Only one that got me in in was a beamer wich i knew i had no chance was just playin around. Again im not sayn its a race car just that i dont find it under powered with that said im still with alot of you wanting more but the difference is i want more torque everyone seems to want more hp. Lol.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:44 AM
rsc

Most of the underpowered comments are not related to getting away from a stoplight but highway performance. Getting off the line well probably has more to do with personal ability and gearing than brute power.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:32 PM

I even smoked a benz with the 6.3 with my v6 buick rendezvous.
How funny, I did the same once with my 50cc moped. It was a two stroke and I had added a little too much oil to the gas. Man, the guy with the benz was coughing his lungs out
Sometimes I wonder why the guy with the benz did not buy a rendezvous too and supercharged it. He would not have been put to shame by you in your stock buick

Old 03-17-2013, 04:38 PM

first of all, yours is stock. lets double the weight of the wheels and tires, and add some more weight with protection. Now come tell me the I5 is not underpowered. I have more money in engine mods just so I don't get ranover while driving mine.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:20 AM

Roflmao

Old 03-18-2013, 07:46 AM

Like you said its more of the driver skill knowing where your power band is and the best shift points and just hammer down. But no i havnt added that crap to my truck yet eventualy yes then mabe ill complain like everyone else i suppose. I find the elevation and ambiant temp make the biggest impact on power at least here in ontario a nice cool morning and there usualy ready to rock.

Quick Reply: Under powered my a$$