PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission dying?? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 10:42 AM
NFS
Exclamation Transmission dying?? HELP

Hello, I have a 2007 hummer h3, few days ago I got p0717 for the input shaft speed sensor circuit no signal, and then few days later, the car felt very sluggish and not shifting gears... so I changed the shifting solenoids A and B, the torque convertor and also the down shifting 3-2 solenoid. the car still run sluggish and still doesn't shift gears.. its like it stuck on gear, on high speed it runs little better. I checked codes and I have like allot!!! I checked the fuse box and all fuses are fine. what can be the problem?? is that all happening because the speed sensor?? because it was only P0717 and now I got all of them! please help, I changed the solenoids and also did fresh new fluids, and it still does it... I dont know what to do or where to start! is it because the speed sensor went fully bad??? it was driving fine with harsh shifting and all the sudden no shifting.

P0967 X2
P0717
P0787
P0973
P2769
P2764

Old 07-18-2019, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

So you had a speed sensor code, you new it was a problem, but through a bunch of unrelated parts at it hoping for the best? Search what the purpose of the transmission speed sensors are for and once you have an understanding you will find your answer. In short, they allow your PCM to monitor speed and gear ratio, your 07 trans is controlled by the PCM, if it does not know what is happening then a host of symptoms will occur... like what you got.

In other words..... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or...... fix ONLY what is broke and then see what just that one thing does. Shotgunning makes focusing on one item at a time pretty difficult.

How many miles on it?

Old 07-18-2019, 10:58 AM
NFS

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
So you had a speed sensor code, you new it was a problem, but through a bunch of unrelated parts at it hoping for the best? Search what the purpose of the transmission speed sensors are for and once you have an understanding you will find your answer. In short, they allow your PCM to monitor speed and gear ratio, your 07 trans is controlled by the PCM, if it does not know what is happening then a host of symptoms will occur... like what you got.

In other words..... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or...... fix ONLY what is broke and then see what just that one thing does. Shotgunning makes focusing on one item at a time pretty difficult.

How many miles on it?
Please help me doc, I replaced the selenoids because I won't shift and when I look online they said if you replace them it will fix there shifting issue which it didn't, the shop want 1200 bucks to replaced the sensor, and I currently dont have the money, so I was looking for other options.
the car have 62600 miles

Old 07-18-2019, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah... it sucks when a trans goes with that low of miles, but shop your job around... ask friends, family, co-workers if they have used a trans shop in your area if you cannot do it yourself. Call them for a price.
Where are you located, maybe somebody on here knows a good trans shop in your area.

The $1200 sounds like a light rebuild price, does it come with any warranty.

I think you have to replace the speed sensor to correct your problem, no way around it. That assumes the work you did was all correct and created no other issues.

Best of luck.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:46 PM
NFS

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Yeah... it sucks when a trans goes with that low of miles, but shop your job around... ask friends, family, co-workers if they have used a trans shop in your area if you cannot do it yourself. Call them for a price.
Where are you located, maybe somebody on here knows a good trans shop in your area.

The $1200 sounds like a light rebuild price, does it come with any warranty.

I think you have to replace the speed sensor to correct your problem, no way around it. That assumes the work you did was all correct and created no other issues.

Best of luck.
I am located in Jacksonville Florida, and the price for 1200 bucks that just to drop the transmission and replace that input speed sensor. Is it worth spending that much to just replace a 50 dollar sensor!??

Old 07-18-2019, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think so. Here in Detroit you can get a complete rebuild with 90 day warranty for about $1350-$1400.

However, they do have to drop the trans, take most of it apart, and then reassemble. Never priced just replacement of a speed sensor.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by NFS
I am located in Jacksonville Florida, and the price for 1200 bucks that just to drop the transmission and replace that input speed sensor. Is it worth spending that much to just replace a 50 dollar sensor!??
That's way overpriced!

Flat rate labor: 7hrs
ACDELCO 2134336 Sensor $29.79 https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...d+sensor,10634

If you can't find a shop to replace the ISS for under $800.00, you are better off having a reman trans installed at 1200-1500. However you still need to check the wiring to the ISS before you do that, and stop throwing parts at it!

Old 07-18-2019, 04:37 PM
NFS

Originally Posted by hummerz
That's way overpriced!

Flat rate labor: 7hrs
ACDELCO 2134336 Sensor $29.79 https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...d+sensor,10634

If you can't find a shop to replace the ISS for under $800.00, you are better off having a reman trans installed at 1200-1500. However you still need to check the wiring to the ISS before you do that, and stop throwing parts at it!

Yes ill
Check that diagram and also check other shops