Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Transmission Cooling Lines Help!!!!! (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/transmission-cooling-lines-help-35119/)

Matt Pratt 04-06-2015 04:12 PM

Transmission Cooling Lines Help!!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
All, while replacing the radiator in my '07 H3, I broke off the transmission cooler line where it attaches to the radiator...right where the flared end enters the radiator. Is there any way to fix this without replacing the whole line? The line goes all the way back to the top of the trans and it looks impossible to reach. Is there a way of splicing into the rubber hose near where the line attaches to the radiator? How could I connect the splice to the radiator since the fitting on the radiator takes a flared end? Please help! Thanks!

whylee 04-06-2015 06:39 PM

Those lines look pretty corroded. you may need to replace the complete line. I would think any tranny shop can handle it.

jbwk254 04-07-2015 06:53 AM

I agree with whylee, those lines are very rotted and should be replaced. If your looking for something to get you by, you can run an aftermarket cooler and cut the lines further back(right behind the rubber lines).

choochmalooch 04-07-2015 08:41 AM

I agree, replace them before they leave you stranded somewhere.

Doc Olds 04-07-2015 09:29 AM

Since yours are down right ugly, and a brand new ACDelco line, depending upon which one you broke, is either $18 for #1 or $18 for #5, if I were you, I would replace both.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/images/pa...04TN04-112.JPG

Coolvibes 07-14-2020 07:26 PM

Hummer H3 Alpha

I know this is a thread from 2015, but it has some pics I need to use. Which of the lines on the transmission is connected to the transmission fluid pump? Does the pump push or suck?

Does the transmission pump fluid to the cooler or does it suck fluid like an engine's coolant pump? I have an aftermarket transmission cooler which is currently mounted vertically (both in and out lines are on the same elevation), but I may need to mount it horizontally (one line on top and the other line on the bottom).

If the transmission pump sucks, which of the two connections on the transmission is the suction line? If the transmission is a sucker, then I will need to connect the transmission's suction line to the bottom cooler fitting. Not sure which way to connect the lines if the transmission pump is a pusher.

hummerz 07-14-2020 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Coolvibes (Post 375073)
I know this is a thread from 2015, but it has some pics I need to use. Which of the lines on the transmission is connected to the transmission fluid pump? Does the pump push or suck?

Does the transmission pump fluid to the cooler or does it suck fluid like an engine's coolant pump? I have an aftermarket transmission cooler which is currently mounted vertically (both in and out lines are on the same elevation), but I may need to mount it horizontally (one line on top and the other line on the bottom).

If the transmission pump sucks, which of the two connections on the transmission is the suction line? If the transmission is a sucker, then I will need to connect the transmission's suction line to the bottom cooler fitting. Not sure which way to connect the lines if the transmission pump is a pusher.

Another necroposter. :rolleyes: Why not start a new thread? Btw, transmission pumps don't suck!

Doc Olds 07-15-2020 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Coolvibes (Post 375073)

Dug up OLD as dirt Thread for pics that have nothing to do with your question?????

Try a search for your inquiry. You are asking what is the trans line flow direction, google it and you get........... Transmission Cooler Lines Flow Direction