PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tR case lock mode LOCKOUT,KILL SWITCH!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Banned
Default tR case lock mode LOCKOUT,KILL SWITCH!

the ultimate solution to accidental lock mode damaged tr cases.

when i got my first h3 in 09 i immediately added a flashing red led to warn me if i bumped it into a low or hi lock mode.(hardly need an indicator in lo!!)

i wanted a lockout but never persued it.
recently when looking at the wiring to advise others of problems in this area i noticed how easy the lockout sw might be.
the 3 buttons for hi,hi lock,lo lock, all have a resistor in series. they are normally open switches. when you push one,the controller can tell which one by the resistance and act accordingly.
it looks like the hi lock and lo lock can easily be cut free and switched out or in as normal. just a cut on one trace on the circuit board.
this sw could be recessed in the heat duct so you reach it only with a deliberate,not accidental action.
it could be totally hidden or a key lock could be used.

i will pull the assm and see if the actual circuit board layout is as the wiring diagram shows it. if so i will get pics of the point to cut and add the sw. tue if its not too cold.

the flashing led is wired in the same area and is not as easy as this seems to be.

more to follow soon.
if u have the manual you can find the switches in the hvac section and see what i mean.

the main use of this can easily be to stop other users of your truck from trashing your tr case!!