PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

TPMS...HATE IT

Old 09-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Default TPMS...HATE IT

Ever since I put on the new tires i have had a TPM fault, finally decided to clear it today. Now I have LOW TIRE, check pressre on every tire and they are all at 40 including the spare. I am missing one valve stem cover anybody know if this would effect it. All I know is this TPMS is a BPOS.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Default RE: TPMS...HATE IT

I WONDER IF MAYBE ONE OF YOUR SENSORS WERENT MESSED UP WHEN THEY PUT ON THE TIRES

Old 09-22-2007, 06:43 PM

funny, I put new tires and wheels on today without TPMS and I've driven it around town twice today and I have yet to see a sensor or pressure alert or alarm. I'm sure it will come on some time soon.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:37 PM

The tires have been on for a month or two and saw the TPM fault within a few days but the low tire showed up a few days ago. TPM is cleared, pretty simple to do just follow the manual if you get the faut Hummer Driver.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:00 PM

when new tires are put on the rims must be put back on the truck in the original location or they will need to be re-calibrated...easy to do and you do not need the dealer, instructions are in the manual. The entire system is a joke anyway,I haven't had them on my truck for over a year and a half now and have gotten a serv. tpm message 4 times. It's not that big of a deal though...the system will give you a message in the DIC once every ignition cycle....just push in the odometer stalk and the message will clear till the next ignition cycle, or may not ever come back if your like me.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:38 AM

I got all the TPM faults to clear and they haven't come back for 2 days now. I went through followed the owners manual for resetingthe fault, that worked. As far as low tire checked the pressure all were within 1 PSI of each other but was still getting the fault and still missing a valve stem cap. So I decide to "borrow" one from my brothers carstarted up the 3 cleared the fault drove around a bit and no more faults. Now i know missing valve cap WILL give you a low tire fault.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:04 AM

Appreciate the discussion and info. My new H3 is the first I have had with a TPM system.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:08 AM

Yeah the TPMS is a joke.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I think the actual chance of having the TPMS saving a tire are pretty limited. Like when you start out on a four hour nonstop trip down the eway, crunch a nail/object and slowly start loosing air, AND you are not otherwise paying attention???? I read in an earlier thread that somebody claimed the metal logo type valve stem caps can mess up TPMS? IDK? I said it b4, the TPMSarea PITA.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:54 PM

Man, I was just telling my wife how I liked mine. On the way to work the other day I got the message. Pulled into the station and my rear passenger tire was a little under 40. Brought it up to pressure and got in drove about 1 mile down the road and the message cleared. I thought it was actually cool.

Now if it gave false alarms I'd be pissed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TPMS...HATE IT