PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Torsion Lift now a vibration or shutter on highway

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
Whatcha talking bout Willis?
Arnold, read the post by Draketh above. Just one example.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Arnold, read the post by Draketh above. Just one example.

I guess it's a given that if you have good ball joints, tie rod ends, tires, etc that after a torsion lift and alignment...that you shouldn't have any issues.

If you have other issues present before the torsion lift, chances are they will still be there LMAO.

Or, are you saying the ill effects are amplified due to a torsion lift and cause premature failure?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
are you saying the ill effects are amplified due to a torsion lift and cause premature failure?
I have never personally never had an issue with premature failure of any suspension/front end component due to adjusting the torsion bars (23 1/2 or lower). 4 H3/H3Ts with all of their t-bars adjusted and no problem yet.

I have "heard" of others who claim that they had premature wear of suspension/front end components. They also had larger than stock tires and/or rims which we all know does put extra "stress" on the front end components esp. the front bearings and steering components.

We have 315s on our rigs and have had to R&R the front bearings on 2 and the steering assembly on 1. I personally contribute those items to wheeling and the 315s.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:07 PM

I got the same thing after doing my torsion lift. Turns out the torsion lift magnified the ill effects of my worn out passenger side ball joints. Got the ball joints off earlier today and they were toast, so floppy I could move them around with the tip of a finger.
I feared this is what is going on with mines! When I bought this H3 it pulled way to the right. The dealer did alignment and changed inner tie rods. But since lifting the front my 3 is all over the road, especially when I hit rough road around a turn. Its gotta be those darn Ball Joints!!!! Thanks Draketh.