Is there a noticeable difference between 2006 model year H3 and current model year? - Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Go Back  Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners > Hummer Lineup > Hummer H3
Reload this Page >

Is there a noticeable difference between 2006 model year H3 and current model year?

Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Is there a noticeable difference between 2006 model year H3 and current model year?

Old 07-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Default Is there a noticeable difference between 2006 model year H3 and current model year?

I own a 2006 H3, 3.5 L I-5 auto. transmission. I am considering jumping up to the 2009 H3. My current H3 has 19,500 miles on it and I owe $12,500 on it. I am the only owner. It is the luxury package with chrome and all the other bells and whistles (DVD headrests, Navi, Moonroof). I am trying to justify moving up to the 2009. Of course I would be adding back on 3 more years of payments but I'd be getting the 3.7 L I-5 or Alpha. Are there any other improvements aside from the engine? I'd be interested in hearing from those who did this very same thing and if they thought it was worth the $$$. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:43 PM

go for a 2007 and get the 3.7 engine. A H3X is worth the extra $$ in comfort.

Bob

Old 07-11-2009, 01:16 PM

For me, the 3.7 wouldn't be a big enough draw over the 3.5 to bother. It's a little bit stronger but it's also a little bit rougher than the 3.5 (based on driving one for 2 days while our 3.5 was in for service). Then again, the bugs have been worked out of our '06 and it's been solid for the past 40k miles.

If I was in your mood, I'd be more partial towards the H3T (we could ditch our utility trailer) or the Alpha instead.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by NJTEX View Post
For me, the 3.7 wouldn't be a big enough draw over the 3.5 to bother. It's a little bit stronger but it's also a little bit rougher than the 3.5 (based on driving one for 2 days while our 3.5 was in for service). Then again, the bugs have been worked out of our '06 and it's been solid for the past 40k miles.

If I was in your mood, I'd be more partial towards the H3T (we could ditch our utility trailer) or the Alpha instead.
Well actually, I am seriously looking at the H3T. I had a deal lined up back in June but the dealer started getting squirrely on me playing games so I backed out.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan View Post
Well actually, I am seriously looking at the H3T. I had a deal lined up back in June but the dealer started getting squirrely on me playing games so I backed out.
The possibility of an HX diverted me from the idea of swapping out into an H3T. We're still loving our '06 H3 and our fleet needs a new sedan next so we're staying with our current H3.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:15 PM

Repositioned power window controls, a cubby hole forward of the gearshift, side curtain airbags and the 3.7 is a little peppier. I am comparing my 06 and 08. I don't think there are any major changes on the 09 with the exception of front lockers and steel differentials on the Adventure (which I thinK they renamed Offroad Pkg.) I have done the big 3 to my 08 which is a Magnaflow Catback exhaust, and AirDoc CAI and PCMforless tune. It is not an Alpha but made a big improvement in driveability. I don't tow but if you do and Alpha may be for you.

Last edited by RKSmith163; 07-12-2009 at 05:12 PM.