Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Is there a noticeable difference between 2006 model year H3 and current model year? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/there-noticeable-difference-between-2006-model-year-h3-current-model-year-16232/)

FloridaFeMan 07-11-2009 12:41 PM

Is there a noticeable difference between 2006 model year H3 and current model year?

I own a 2006 H3, 3.5 L I-5 auto. transmission. I am considering jumping up to the 2009 H3. My current H3 has 19,500 miles on it and I owe $12,500 on it. I am the only owner. It is the luxury package with chrome and all the other bells and whistles (DVD headrests, Navi, Moonroof). I am trying to justify moving up to the 2009. Of course I would be adding back on 3 more years of payments but I'd be getting the 3.7 L I-5 or Alpha. Are there any other improvements aside from the engine? I'd be interested in hearing from those who did this very same thing and if they thought it was worth the $$$. Thanks in advance.

D VADER 07-11-2009 12:43 PM

go for a 2007 and get the 3.7 engine. A H3X is worth the extra $$ in comfort.

Bob

NJTEX 07-11-2009 01:16 PM

For me, the 3.7 wouldn't be a big enough draw over the 3.5 to bother. It's a little bit stronger but it's also a little bit rougher than the 3.5 (based on driving one for 2 days while our 3.5 was in for service). Then again, the bugs have been worked out of our '06 and it's been solid for the past 40k miles.

If I was in your mood, I'd be more partial towards the H3T (we could ditch our utility trailer) or the Alpha instead.

FloridaFeMan 07-11-2009 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by NJTEX (Post 206259)
For me, the 3.7 wouldn't be a big enough draw over the 3.5 to bother. It's a little bit stronger but it's also a little bit rougher than the 3.5 (based on driving one for 2 days while our 3.5 was in for service). Then again, the bugs have been worked out of our '06 and it's been solid for the past 40k miles.

If I was in your mood, I'd be more partial towards the H3T (we could ditch our utility trailer) or the Alpha instead.

Well actually, I am seriously looking at the H3T. I had a deal lined up back in June but the dealer started getting squirrely on me playing games so I backed out.

NJTEX 07-11-2009 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan (Post 206260)
Well actually, I am seriously looking at the H3T. I had a deal lined up back in June but the dealer started getting squirrely on me playing games so I backed out.

The possibility of an HX diverted me from the idea of swapping out into an H3T. We're still loving our '06 H3 and our fleet needs a new sedan next so we're staying with our current H3.

RKSmith163 07-11-2009 09:15 PM

Repositioned power window controls, a cubby hole forward of the gearshift, side curtain airbags and the 3.7 is a little peppier. I am comparing my 06 and 08. I don't think there are any major changes on the 09 with the exception of front lockers and steel differentials on the Adventure (which I thinK they renamed Offroad Pkg.) I have done the big 3 to my 08 which is a Magnaflow Catback exhaust, and AirDoc CAI and PCMforless tune. It is not an Alpha but made a big improvement in driveability. I don't tow but if you do and Alpha may be for you.