PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Thanks to all the forum members!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Default Thanks to all the forum members!

I want to thank all the folks on this forum for helping me decide to pull the trigger on a new H3. Being overly analytical I think I read almost every post and learned a heck of a lot from you all. I'm sure there are a ton of lurkers like me who look at used feedback to decide if this is a solid reliable vehicle.

After more trips to the local GMC dealer here in Houston than I care to admit, agonizing over all the options available, and pondering the base model versus Alpha choice, I finally decided on a black base 2008 model. Oh, there was one other final influencer...a huge 4X4 (wood) flying at me at driver-level on the highway last week. I figured given all the ridiculous crap laying on the Houston roadways having a little more metal around me was a good thing.

Having driven it for a day I have to say this has the potential to be the best vehicle I've ever owned. I considered a lot of SUVs before buying (Yukon, Tahoe, 4Runner, Trailblazer, Lexus) and the H3 smoked them all IMHO. The quality of the build, the way things are laid out, the ride, and the way it looks all just work for me.

So, thanks to you all. Your real-world good and bad feedback helped me make the right choice. I may never get this thing axle deep in the mud but it's nice to know I can if I want to.

All the best.

Luke

Old 11-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Default RE: Thanks to all the forum members!

Enjoy your new H3! You'll never regret buying one or maybe another someday.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:44 PM

Thanks very much 671H3! Appreciate the kind words. I can understand why folks love this vehicle. I may become a Hummer "lifer" and have to buy some more after this one.

Luke

Old 11-24-2007, 07:49 PM

Let the mods begin!!! Congrats mate.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:02 PM

Congrats on the purchase!! I too lurked & read for a good while before I decided to make the purchase. I can now say, it's the best vehicle I have ever owned!

Now if I could only figure out how to post pictures of it, I'd be a really happy camper.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:43 PM

Congrats! Tell me about all the crap on the roads here! Esp the Beltway and I-10! All my previous cars have been magnets for the road trash.[] All my friends laugh about it! [:@]Where did you end up getting yours?

Old 11-24-2007, 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Golden Shellback

Let the mods begin!!! Congrats mate.
Thanks Golden Shellback! Isn't that the truth. I swore I was going to keep it all stock yet spent today looking at potential mods.

Luke

Old 11-24-2007, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Wrongway1

Congrats on the purchase!! I too lurked & read for a good while before I decided to make the purchase. I can now say, it's the best vehicle I have ever owned!

Now if I could only figure out how to post pictures of it, I'd be a really happy camper.
Thank you Wrongway1! Glad I'm not the only analytical here and that the initial joy of the H3 lasts.

Hehe me too on the photos.

Luke

Old 11-24-2007, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: josh1899

Congrats! Tell me about all the crap on the roads here! Esp the Beltway and I-10! All my previous cars have been magnets for the road trash.[] All my friends laugh about it! [:@]Where did you end up getting yours?
Howdy Josh, thanks! You got it...the beltway's where I got up-close and personal with that 4X4. Hehe. It is hard to believe the volume of crap isn't it? I thought I was the only magnet 'round here.

I bought it at Beck & Masten on FM 1960. I spent so much time lurking in their lot I thought thay'd start thinking I was casing the joint. They treated me well and we cut a fair deal. The $1,000 GM is kicking in right now helped. Where'd you get yours?

Luke

Old 11-24-2007, 10:04 PM

AWESOME Luke!!!

Congrats on the Rig!!!!

I know what you mean about being STUCK IN THE MUD!! I just had a conversation with one of my customers telling him how I hate DE-CHROMING in the winter and he said I should put my Rig away for the WINTER!! I basically said, I bought a HUMMER so I CAN DRIVE it through our CrAzY winters!!!!

Quick Reply: Thanks to all the forum members!