PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terminal pin broke from fuse box to relay

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 07:06 AM
Default Terminal pin broke from fuse box to relay

My 2006 H3 wouldn't start but cranks fine. Finally found that relay #66 has a corroded pin terminal coming from the under hood fuse box. Cant just replace the relay to fix this. Any suggestions, or do I need to find another complete fuse center?

Thanks

Old 09-21-2017, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

If the terminal broke off from the relay into the fuse panel, just pull/push the broken terminal out of the fuse panel and replace the relay.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Default Thank You

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Welcome to HF.

If the terminal broke off from the relay into the fuse panel, just pull/push the broken terminal out of the fuse panel and replace the relay.
Isn't the box sealed? How would I get to the wires inside the fuse block to see. It's corroded down to far to grip and pull out.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe I do not understand your question correctly, but if a male terminal is broke off the relay and still inside the female slot in the fuse panel, then there is nothing to take apart. Use a metal pick to dig it out of the female slot. The picks are available in many different sizes and shapes.... think dental tools. Worst case scenario is to pull the fuse panel (which you would have to do if you anted to replace it) and poke it out from the bottom.

The fuse box is made of four basic parts: the cover/lid, the fuse panel/block, the wiring 2 harness connectors to the underside of the fuse panel, and the bottom box.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:45 AM

Hi Doc, the pin was corroded off and green corrosion all around. He has pics and has been doing just that, but to no avail so far. Their must be some sort of connection on the underside of the pin that is not accessible. He said that he will cut the wires and splice them back fused if he has to. He also said their is no diagram that tells what wire is what. If this is the only was to do it, it their a wire diagram (schematic)?

Thanks for your help on this.

Kevin

Old 01-27-2019, 02:40 PM

Hi Kevin-
I know it's a long shot since it was in 2017, but how did you end up fixing your issue? I had the exact same problem today on the same fuse, can't get down and grab the male end of the fuse that broke off. I got the fuse block out, so I'm planning to replace it if nothing else works.

Thanks-Steve

Old 01-28-2019, 07:55 AM

UPDATE: I was able to get the corroded pin out of the fuse box, by completely taking apart the fuse box itself. I've gotten a new relay, and the truck started right up. I didn't have function in the power doors or driver's side window last night, but this morning after letting it run a bit, those functions came back.

I had 2 other relays that were showing signs of corrosion, so you guys might want to check yours out so they don't break off inside the box like mine did.