PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Tail lights with amber turn signal and backup lights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Default Tail lights with amber turn signal and backup lights?

Hi!

I live in Norway and drive a 2006 H3.
Due to the EU regulations, my backup lights have been yanked out of the housings, and the bulbs have been replaced with amber bulbs for the turn signals.

My problem is that Norway gets pretty dark at night, and a backup light would be great ...

So my question is:
Does anyone know of any tail light housings for my H3 that have both brake lights, backup-lights and amber turn signal?

I've found a housing for the H3T with all three, but the dealership tells me they won't fit my car.

I've spent many hours on Google and ebay, with no luck.

Any help would be great!

- Lasse

Old 08-23-2012, 12:29 PM

I you have a trailer hitch and wiring, there are a couple of companies that make a system that plugs in to your reciever and plugs into your wiring. Good Luck.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
I you have a trailer hitch and wiring, there are a couple of companies that make a system that plugs in to your reciever and plugs into your wiring. Good Luck.
I've already bought a system for the trailer hitch, but it looks cheesy (a big, black block sticking out from the car), so an "all in one" solution involving replacing the tail light housings would be best.

But if such a solution doesn't exist, I guess I'll have to wire up the trailer hitch block ...

Thanks anyway!

Regards,

Lasse

Old 08-23-2012, 03:31 PM

you can buy them through GM Europe, go to your Norwegian place that sells GM parts ask for the European Spec 2007 taillights from 2007 and on were sold in Europe and Sweden and equipped with the amber turn signal, if you cant get them in Norway contact Klintberg & Way https://www.klintbergway.com/ in Sweden and they can get them for you.

They are about 4000 Sek a piece so they are not cheap. The dealership is correct the H3T lights will not fit.

If you have any trouble finding them, let me know and I will check the parts number on my wifes H3 that have them installed

Last edited by Andreas_Sweden; 08-23-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Andreas_Sweden
you can buy them through GM Europe, go to your Norwegian place that sells GM parts ask for the European Spec 2007 taillights from 2007 and on were sold in Europe and Sweden and equipped with the amber turn signal, if you cant get them in Norway contact Klintberg & Way https://www.klintbergway.com/ in Sweden and they can get them for you.

They are about 4000 Sek a piece so they are not cheap. The dealership is correct the H3T lights will not fit.

If you have any trouble finding them, let me know and I will check the parts number on my wifes H3 that have them installed
Sweet! Tusen takk!

I'll give it a whirl. Did you install them yourself, or were they already installed when you got the car? If you installed them - how easy was it?

- Lasse

Old 08-24-2012, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by LasseS
Sweet! Tusen takk!

I'll give it a whirl. Did you install them yourself, or were they already installed when you got the car? If you installed them - how easy was it?

- Lasse
Inga problem

I installed them myself, not hard at all you will need to cut some wires and re connect them but it is fairly easy since you have the old light already rewired, the brake and tail light you can just use the same socket and plug it into the new housing.
Just make sure to tell them you need the european ones, otherwise they will get you the same as you have, if they ask for your VIN just say it is not relevant because chance is they will send you the same as you have just by ordering by VIN# since they are parts people that are also lazy as most parts people are

Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 AM

Andreas is right - these are standard on the Hummers designed for Europe.

I bought mine in UAE (its South African built, like most of those official imported into EU after 2007) but I took it to UK when I left UAE and I didn't need any modification made to the rear lighting, other than the addition of a rear fog light (and reflectors on front head lamps for driving on the left in the UK).

May be worth looking whether you can get them on Ebay from old scrapped cars (not too many Hummers in Europe so might be tough).

Old 08-25-2012, 11:45 AM

Thanks guys!

Can any of you confirm if these will fit my car:
2008-2010 Hummer H3T Pickup Taillight Tail Light/Lamp PAIR | eBay

The seller says no, but the part #'s seem to be the same as GM says _will_ fit my car:
LAMP. Tail Lamp for Hummer (15816670)

I'm confused ...

Lasse

Old 08-26-2012, 01:07 AM

Hi!

I live in Norway and drive a 2006 H3.
Due to the EU regulations, my backup lights have been yanked out of the housings, and the bulbs have been replaced with amber bulbs for the turn signals.

My problem is that Norway gets pretty dark at night, and a backup light would be great ...

So my question is:
Does anyone know of any tail light housings for my H3 that have both brake lights, backup-lights and amber turn signal?

I've found a housing for the H3T with all three, but the dealership tells me they won't fit my car.

I've spent many hours on Google and ebay, with no luck.

Any help would be great!

- Lasse

It is better to tale some assistance of any expert. You might loose your lights if not taken care of.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:54 AM

Thanks guys!

Can any of you confirm if these will fit my car:
2008-2010 Hummer H3T Pickup Taillight Tail Light/Lamp PAIR | eBay

The seller says no, but the part #'s seem to be the same as GM says _will_ fit my car:
LAMP. Tail Lamp for Hummer (15816670)

I'm confused ...

Lasse
The H3T lights will not fit, I know I have a pair in my garage that I bought to put on the regular H3.

Quick Reply: Tail lights with amber turn signal and backup lights?