Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 Faulty Ignition Switch Recall Promotion Page

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Default H3 Faulty Ignition Switch Recall Promotion Page

Hey Everyone,

Not sure what the rules are about promoting a facebook page but the link below is for the Hummer H3 faulty ignition switch problem a lot of us are having. If you are unaware, the ignition switch enables passlock and disables the fuel pump and leaves drivers stranded for 8-15 minutes. I am in contact with the Cooper Law Firm that is handling the GM ignition switch recall case. We need as many Hummer H3 owners to like/share/comment on this page so we can be heard! The Hummer H3 is not on the GM "Ignition Switch Recall" website as of right now.

https://www.facebook.com/HUMMERH3FAULTYIGNITIONSWITCH

Old 03-16-2015, 08:45 PM
Default Food for thought

lol I'm the first like, but I swear it's happened to many people. It happened to me during the winter months, also when i used my key fob. Ever since I switched to using my key only, I've never had an issue.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

OK, let me get this straight. You have an issue with your one 2006 H3, and because you see some other people have had to replace that electrical/mechanical part, you assume there should be a recall?

You do realize that the same switch is used on 45 different models of GM trucks since 2004? That is MILLIONS of vehicles, but since yours shorted out or broke, it must be a design defective part?

Every part made by man has a failure rate, every time you turn the switch is shortening its anticipate life span.

Reality check.

I deleted your other duplicate thread, please do not post another.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:29 PM

Not on the switch recall because it's the same as a GM truck (1500/2500/3500). Not the car switches that can't handle chicks key chains that weigh 4+ pounds.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:23 AM

Reality check:

Over 1.2 MILLION government motor ignition switches have been recalled.

28 MILLION vehicles have been recalled worldwide.

12 lives lost due to faulty ignition switches. Sad part is that there's probably hundreds of deaths, but GM has a savage way of linking the death to the ignition switch. Read about it.

I'm not saying he's having the same exact issue. But the ignition recall is a growing beast that could cost billions.

Last edited by norinco3264; 03-18-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by norinco3264
Reality check:

12 lives lost due to faulty ignition switches. Sad part is that there's probably hundreds of deaths, but GM has a savage way of linking the death to the ignition switch. Read about it.

I'm not saying he's having the same exact issue. But the ignition recall is a growing beast that could cost billions.
Your statement is a perfect example of exactly what I was pointing out.

Since some other GM ignition switch (different part and different vehicles) was recalled (for a different reason), we must need a recall on all H3 ignition switches. A whole bunch of misinformed/under-informed assumptions in there, if ya get what I mean.

Takata air bags have a recall, maybe the H3 air bags need to be recalled, never mind that who made the H3 bags or why the Takata's have been recalled, because I know of guys who when wheeling had an air bag deploy?

The old apples to apples thing......

Old 12-07-2019, 04:18 PM
Default H3 2006 Hummet

I've been having problems with My hummer with constant jumping and not starting!This is been going on for few years maybe more...Now I just got My vehicle Back because It was having symptoms for ignition switch ...Called Hummer up they did NOTHING they were suppose to get back to me and that was weeks ago...I had to pay out of pocket For another battery which the one I had was NOT even year old,Alternator,Ignition switch...But Guess what still having issues!Now not starting and Ab code comes up!I need help!Stupid Hummer needs to recall All vehicles for codes and electrical issues!This is constant PROBLEM!Also off subject But the trimming for front windshield need to replace always and etc.. I tryed to click link for Ignition switch that was posted But theres no page!This Is BS that vehicle stops while driving and I was on freeway or I got stranded so many times...This is ridiculous I'm second owner took very good care Of My truck and payed cash for it back in 2009 this is BS!HELP!

https://www.facebook.com/HUMMERH3FAULTYIGNITIONSWITCH[/QUOTE]
H3 2006 Hummer

Old 12-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you so much for digging up this 4.5 YEAR OLD Thread to complain about failing to repair your own vehicle. READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

I bet you are still using the crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors? If so, hack them off and replace with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand. You likely did not need a new battery, just the proper connection to it. The first mod to be done to every H3/H3T is new battery terminal connectors.

You are driving a 10 year old vehicle, things are going to break, wear out, and need to be replaced. If you cannot do some of that yourself, you may think about a newer vehicle under warranty.

Old 12-09-2019, 11:41 AM

link does not work anymore...

Old 12-09-2019, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by norinco3264
Reality check:

well I got stuck and in a bad spot.... I was picking up at the airport and turned off the vehicle for two minutes.... a no parking are.... passlock stopped and I had security all over my *** and they called a tow and threatened impound and ticket.... yikes... don't break down at an international airport.

Quick Reply: H3 Faulty Ignition Switch Recall Promotion Page