PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping out Master Window Controller

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Default Swapping out Master Window Controller

All of my controls to roll windows down have broken over the last 6 months.. I just recently received a new assembly and am wondering before I go through with taking the door panel off, is there an easier way to swap these parts. They seem like it would just pop out, but I don't want to go digging into my 3 without knowing..

Old 12-29-2011, 03:22 PM

No need to pull the door panel. Just use a set of interior pry tools to lift the switch panel up on both ends. It is tight. I pry on one end with two tools. I insert one and lift while using the other to push inward. When one side is up about one half an inch, I pry on the other end. The panel pops out and can be unplugged. Flip it over and remove the screws. Reverse to put back together.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:25 PM

Nice! Thanks for the info...

Old 12-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Banned

warm it up?.stuff breaks ez when cold huh

Old 12-29-2011, 07:57 PM

Great point! It does seem to be a bit britel. The hardest part is getting it started without marking it up. I might goes as far as warming it up a little with a heat gun or hair dryer first if you are doing it in the cold.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 AM

I break everything and it was very easy to get out but in the process I broke one of the screw posts on the front bottom side..It still went back in and looks fine. It just wont sit totally flush now..But it could be a simple fix with super glue or something else to append the broken piece on the underside...
But either way I have working buttons again that aren't broken, so thanks to all..

Old 10-10-2015, 05:08 PM

I know this is old but did your new switch just work? For me it didn't at all. I tried 3 different ones.

I wanted to confirm that it seems like changing the switch is actually the really easy part. The hard part is it seems the master window switch has be be programmed and the remotes then have to be programmed to work with the new switch.

Basically with my orig OEM switch I couldn't roll down my drivers window any more but I could roll it up (passenger can roll down). Doors lock and unlock fine w/ remotes.

When I put in the new switch.
Basically rolling my windows is kind of intermittent but when I try and lock/ unlock my doors it doesn't do anything. So this is worse than before.

ugh.

I poked around a little bit and it does seem they need to be programmed. Anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!

programming passed through the scan tool into the module from the TIS2WEB or TIS2000.

TECH II scantool or the MDI tool, and access to GM TIS2WEB programming utility.
This is found at all GM dealers, but not at a lot of aftermarket repair facilities.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:13 PM

prog the remote has nothing to do with the door switches.
you can change the switches anytime.
i added a kill sw so i can disable the auto lock function when its convenient. gotta remember to reset it !!

Old 10-11-2015, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
prog the remote has nothing to do with the door switches.
you can change the switches anytime.
i added a kill sw so i can disable the auto lock function when its convenient. gotta remember to reset it !!
Hey, man

So you are saying you CAN change the master switch and no programming and it should just work. all windows, remotes fine as before?

If so I must have 3 defective replacements then.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:29 AM

If so I must have 3 defective replacements then.
or some wiring problem, or, ??
there is nothing programmable in the door...

Quick Reply: Swapping out Master Window Controller