PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superlift Park Hot Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Default Superlift Park Hot Springs

Nov. 4/06
I took a friend with me to shoot pictures because when Im driving it gets tough. I gave him a short course and preset the camera. We shot a little over 1gig of pictures on a Nikon D200. They are JPG fine large images. If any of you that were there want to make prints I can send the big image file of the ones you want.
I posted them to a web server for quick download. Select one to open and then you can click it that size again for a larger image.
This first one is everybody but the Hummer. I can only upload 50 at a time. I included all of the best ones on these two links.

The second one is mostly all Hummer if you want to see a lot of the trails and a Hummer
http://www.sendpix.com/albums/07020920/w7h2ra8i9c/

I have to put this one in here. This is "some" crazy guy from Ft. Smith grabbing air! This what a locker will do for you, right JN?
We had a great time. Lets do it again. If anybody needs any info just email me.
Hunner

[IMG]local://upfiles/1095/A2C1421FBC7F45F4B94FB44AD8D0C8F6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-07-2006, 03:35 AM
Default RE: Superlift Park Hot Springs

What brand of rack is on the "3" with the USA #1 on the back door. is that one yours? Looks like a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!! probably been better with some dampness...........

Old 11-07-2006, 03:43 AM

I believe it was a Smitty built, I asked too. You need the cross rails. He said his were included in the Adventure Package. I plan to check with my dealer on that. We have had some rain. It settled the dust but in the rocks of the Ouachita Mtns. there are only a few mud holes. There are a few running creeks. Then of course there is the manmade "PIT" This is not the place to mud. South Arkansas is.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:50 AM

Thanks, Hunner (D) -

posting the pics is awesome - I appreciate it!

as far as the rack - it is a smittybuilt - now called SRC, Co. I wanted a rack system for my jeep TJ that was tough.....most are rated for 150 pounds or less....this one is rated for 500 pounds. I also wanted one that would help me hold on my kayaks, not just sit on top of a basket....the open ends on this one really help.

It even fits in my garage. haha! I think it was about $350...and I do have the sunroof on my h3 - it doesn't interfere at all -

no idea about the roof rails being part of adventure package all around - or just for what we did...they basically had to go find a white one, with ad. package - take all the chrome off and replace with stuff like rock rails, black mirrors, etc...so maybe they threw it in and got lost, maybe I overpaid on other stuff.

I'd still take Hunner's dealer - I had to do all this research on turning my torsion bars - mine said no...then I found this site (very cool, thx) and wondered about 2-3 turns...as you all know, I did...it's fine...but he takes his to his dealer - and they say '3 turns? lets turn them 3 more!' I'm turning mine up more too, Hunner

no damage on the 'air' (really good pic, Hunner [8D]!) and the rest of the weekend - no damage at all - wheeled it hard and ran home 2 1/2 hours at 75 mph (or more if you aren't a policeman.

awesome place, awesome capabilites of our rigs guys....if you want to use them for off roading, you'll be happy - my first payment goes in the mail today - happily. [sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 11-07-2006, 02:25 PM

Im searching for rails and a rack now. I may go out West and I have too much stuff!! I just checked and that rack is discontinued! Just my luck.

Glad you enjoyed the pictures. Ya'll come back, ya here??
My dealer sponsers one of the better trails I wish I would have stayed and taken you down that one. Appropriatly named "Rubicon" there are several hills like Free Fall and lots of steep ravines. It hangs off the side of the mountain. I guess you have to come back! Im having some 20 x 30 prints and larger made for the dealer of my Hummer for the showroom, barter for stuff of course. We may have to use your flying picture for one. Ha ha now all I need is the wireless remote for my camera so I can get some of me!!

http://www.orvpark.com/

Maybe people on here will read all this and can plan a trip together.

Only problem I had was we lost XM for a few seconds in a ravine and we turned over the blender!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1095/B8FBEBC89A00410CBE1F5F3343B239A4.jpg[/IMG]

Remember I got rear skid plates for the front and back spring hangers. You will need them out there.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:54 PM

Looks like the same rack you can get from 4wheelparts.com, they have 2 sizes. Rugged Rack

http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/produ...UT&expand=sub3

Old 11-07-2006, 07:13 PM

I guess we got off on the rack subject but I dont want to lose this info. I found some rails at G-Style for about $300. Anybody found any better?
fsmh3 I noticed you had some clamps and ***** holding your rack to the rails. Did they come with it?

Old 11-07-2006, 09:08 PM

Hi Hunner - (everyone

the rack did come with all the u-bolt hardward to mount it to basically any crossbars you got. I used different mounting parts/set up for the jeep - it had the smittybuilt cross bars - than I did on the hummer - but kit comes with all you need.

well, again - it did...I got it when they were smittybuilt about a year ago - they are SRC now... and Arkie is right - 4wd.com and quadratec both had the rack in their catalogs.

as for rails - I know the Hummer ones are custom and pretty expensive..but as a long time mountain biker, I'd be shocked if Yakima or Thule didn't make a crossbar and tower kit to fit an H3 - they make a huge amount of racks...and the Q towers on Yakima racks lock and are bombproof....if it saves ya a buck.

also - I use the rack for mostly my kayaks - and I will mount my Hi LIft up there eventually - but my number ONE additional storage rack is my hitch haul - get 'em anywhere - got mine at walmart for around $50. I got a bike rack for it - can carry 3 bikes...get a few cheap tubs...you can haul a ton of stuff...and no wind drag...Hunner, if you need extra space - it's right behind ya and you'd be done without the cost and waiting on the crossbars and basket...

Old 11-07-2006, 09:12 PM

I think you can get a set of very basic Surco Rails and mount about any rack on 'em..

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

and the H3 adapters..

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

About $110 for both parts..

--
Rob

Old 11-07-2006, 09:50 PM

Thule makes crossbars for the H3 now only $195

Quick Reply: Superlift Park Hot Springs