Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Stereo staying on after ignition OFF. (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/stereo-staying-after-ignition-off-45126/)

mikesbaron 09-09-2021 10:44 PM

Stereo staying on after ignition OFF.

2007 H3 with an aftermarket (Boss) head unit. Yesterday I noticed that the unit was staying ON even after I turned the ignition off and left the car parked for hours or overnight. I heard some talk about a bad connection on the door jam sensor or boot. Mine appear to be intact and I'm not getting any door open-closed indicator lights.

Any insights on this issue? So far it hasn't killed my battery but I'm hoping to avoid getting to that point.

brothapig 09-10-2021 09:19 AM

Probably not it, but I've had some funny things go on with mine that I traced back to the onstar system. I do not subscribe to the service. My aftermarket radio was installed with a GMOS-4 adapter kit to keep door chimes, etc.
If I press any of the onstar buttons, my radio turns off, and remains off until something times out (30 seconds or so). After that the radio reboots.

Maybe there is something going on with your onstar keeping it on? Just a long shot...

Or a stuck relay?

Ryan

Doc Olds 09-10-2021 09:44 AM

Who installed the head unit? What adapter if any was used with it? If you have an adapter, that is likely your problem. Most are so poorly made that they seam to fail of fault early and often.

mikesbaron 09-10-2021 12:19 PM

It was installed when I purchased it. Is there a best quality recommended one I should look to replace it with?

Doc Olds 09-10-2021 01:35 PM

It depends upon whether you had the Monsoon vs no Monsoon system.

With Monsoon I used Crux SOCGM-17C which works fine, but even it will glitch once in a while, like continue to chime, or if I open the door before turning off the key the Radio stays on. Then you have to turn the key back on/off to clear it.

I have seen on here that people often have issues with the Access AX-GMCL2. Maybe pull the radio and look in there to see what was used, no need to disconnect anything to look.

wpage 09-12-2021 03:42 PM

Wow

Try calling Cruxfelds sp. they have outstanding support. They will be wanting to sell you something.

Dylan Rogers 10-03-2021 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by mikesbaron (Post 387956)
2007 H3 with an aftermarket (Boss) head unit. Yesterday I noticed that the unit was staying ON even after I turned the ignition off and left the car parked for hours or overnight. I heard some talk about a bad connection on the door jam sensor or boot. Mine appear to be intact and I'm not getting any door open-closed indicator lights. Any insights on this issue? So far it hasn't killed my battery but I'm hoping to avoid getting to that point.

Before you shut the vehicle off try pushing the shifter forward until it stops, release pressure, and then shut the key off. Does the issue persist? Also, does your key feel properly set in the ignition or is it warn and loose? Seemingly random questions but I have had similar experiences with my factory stereo and it was related to those two things!

mikesbaron 10-03-2021 11:35 AM

I'll keep an eye on the shifter-forward-then key off procedure, then report.

hummerz 10-03-2021 04:39 PM

Remove 88(top left looking from the front) start up, and check if your key can be removed from the ignition after turning off. :cool:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hum...29c5bf74b3.jpg

mikesbaron 10-19-2021 01:47 PM

I think I got the issue fixed, and it turned out to be the radio itself (cheap BOSE touch screen!) It got to a point where I would come outside after parking my car for the day or night and my battery would be completely dead. It would kill the battery even after turning the radio off by pushing the on-off button after I would park and take the ignition out.

First, I replaced 3 different rusted and corroded/broken door sensors and that didn't help. The radio still stayed on.
I then began turning my radio off using off-on button before exiting the vehicle. My battery would still go dead.
I then removed the radio fuse as suggested and left it out for 2 days, plugged it back in and the radio has been working fine since then, with no dead battery. The radio is even turning off after I exit vehicle. So far so good after a week, even after 4 days of not moving the vehicle after driving and battery was still charged.