PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Stabilizer error message?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Default RE: Stabilizer error message?

Well now today the faulty error stays on. It says Service Stab and then says Service 4x4.

I am booked for 8:00 am tomorrow at the dealer so we will have to wait and see.

I hope they are able to attain the part as from what you just mentioned OAHU_H3 that is exactly what is happening. The stability control and four wheel drive is de-activated.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:03 AM

Yeah. It took 3 full days for the dealer to diagnose the problem. I know imports well but not this monster. They said they fixed the problem. While driving home the light came back on. I took it back and to make a long story short it was fixed 3 months later.Luckily the 2nd mechanic had a good head on. He removed the Stability Module and did a condinuity check. One of the pins that is N/C was actually N/O "not good". After installing the new module and driving 10,000 mls I haven't had any other problems. I wouldn't stress over it. Not a big deal.That's what the Warranty is for!Just drive carefully because the Stability System & 4x4 controls will not work.

If you have problems with your dealer let me know and I will research my service invoice for you.

Aloha

Old 06-21-2007, 02:37 PM

Just got a call from the dealer and they said the actuator needs to be replaced. Anyone have any idea what this is?

The part is also not available in the city and has to be ordered. So it will be a few days I am told...

Old 06-21-2007, 03:12 PM

Call him back and have them explain where, what and how

Old 06-21-2007, 05:55 PM

I was just going to say, the exact same thing happened to me and they had to replace the actuator motor /transfer case per a TSB, and it resolved the issue. Haven't had any problems since. That is the problem.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: iflyswa

I was just going to say, the exact same thing happened to me and they had to replace the actuator motor /transfer case per a TSB, and it resolved the issue. Haven't had any problems since. That is the problem.
That's what I said Exactly!...That's what I'vemostly seen this with this particular error message..There is dozens of threads about it here..

Old 07-16-2008, 09:46 PM

Mywife calls to ask if she can drive with a service stab sys error. That was the only error code. When I get home from work I tried clearing the code by cycling the 4x4 buttons a few times. Still there. I come in and search on this site and find my own suggestion fin this thread for possible causes. Guess what, I go out and the brake lites arn't working. I work the brake switch a few times with my fingers. Brake lights start working and error code clears. Sucks getting old and forgetting what I knew last year.