PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stabilizer error message?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Default Stabilizer error message?

Has anyone had this error?
The light came on the dash this weekend when I was pulling a small 4x8 trailer and then noted that the stabilizer needed servicing? It also said that the 4x4 was not working. The light was off the 4x4 button and could not be engaged.

But when I parked the truck for a while, the light disappeared. I figured it was do to the trailer moving around.

However it has now shown up again this week when I went to park on a small incline at a tire shop.

I am going to have it checked but wondered if this is common?

Thanks.

Mark

Old 06-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Default RE: Stabilizer error message?

I towed a trailer with a trencher on it with my new H3 at about 918 miles or so. I made sure that I didn't tow anything until after the owners manuals listed minimum mileage.

I didn't have any problems and no warning lights. How many miles on yours? 4X4 still not working?

Just curious, I don't know what might be causing it but I bet the light continues to come on and then reset on a regular basis until you get it looked at. I have an error that I have had 4 times already, same error, dealer said not to worry about it since the light went out but it keeps happening so I will take it in after my vacation.

Rob

Old 06-19-2007, 02:29 PM

My bet is a faulty steering position sensor. GM has had a lot of problems with them. Has it pulsed your brakes or done anything crazy? It can do that.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:02 PM

i have pulled trailers many ties, never had any issues

Old 06-19-2007, 05:01 PM

I have 15000 km which is about 9000 miles.

No I haven't had any issues with the brakes doing that or any other symptom.

As it is right now, everything is functioning as normal. Which I really don't like as sure as heck I will take time out of my day to bring it in and the dealer will tell me they can't find anything..

Hopefully they can plug it in to the computer and it will find the problem.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:36 PM

Did it say "Service..Stab"...because that is stabilitrak. Sometimes under low power conditions it can cause a false reading/warning. My guess is a battery, but you never know. I'd have it checked out at the dealerif you see it again.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:11 PM

I say it's gonna be the TransferCase Control Motor....

Old 06-20-2007, 07:22 AM

Aha I know exactly what that stupid light means. Your stability control computer is defective. It is located below your master cylinder.It will turn off your 4x4 control as a default for safety. It took my dealer 3 MONTHS to get the right part and my truck only had 2000 mls! It turns out that most of the modules will become defective. They outsourced the manufacturing of the module to an "outside " company and had problems with quality control. They have a new manufacturer and the part is very hard to get with the high demand.

I carefully drove for 3 months with the stability control deactivated and no 4x4 lock. When I finally recieved the correct part I took the truck off road and it was great. After 4 trips to the dealer and 14mpg I still love this truck!

Old 06-20-2007, 10:33 AM

there can be a number of things that cause that eror light to come on. Besides what those above mentions you can add the brake switch either faulty or miss-aligned. Brake lights wont be working as a hint that it could be the cause. Worse than microsoft windows for error messages as to what is REALY wrong.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:48 PM

Brake has actually two plungerswitches attached to the pedal...one is for the brake lights and there is another one that does whatever...My Brake lights didn't work after awhile and I sprayed contact cleaner on both switches andthey started working..I worked each switch by hand and one is just for the brake lights...

Quick Reply: Stabilizer error message?