PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeak, Rattle, Clunk, Etc...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Default RE: Squeak, Rattle, Clunk, Etc...

yep...bad character

Old 03-26-2008, 05:58 AM

It's a truck! I don't mind if a "truck" makes noises as long as it's not truly mechanical. Now if I had a luxury car it would be a different story.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Brodie

It's a truck! I don't mind if a "truck" makes noises as long as it's not truly mechanical. Now if I had a luxury car it would be a different story.
It's not a "truck" because it's priced as a "LUXURY Truck".

I don't expect it tobe quiet like a Mercedes luxury car, But I dont expect it to squeek like a20 years old car, and after only 6 months of driving it.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:45 AM

I have never owned an american made vehicle that didn't have noises. That's across the board with Ford, GM and Chrysler. I just learned to live with it I guess. If I wanted more refinement and quietness I'd go with Lexus or Acura. Those are true "luxury trucks"!

Old 03-26-2008, 12:02 PM

'08 with 10,000 miles. No noises, squeaks, or rattles.

Having saidthat, I'll probably wake up tomorrow to find one.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:28 PM

alrock if you have leveled your truck,check the a arms are probably hitting the stop on the chassis.
the longer shocks(cognito bilstein)in my case allow the a arms to droop more than the standard shocks.
cognitos are slightly longer compressed compared to standard shocks also so if you dont extend your bumpstops,you may get a clunk on full compression also!

Old 03-26-2008, 01:03 PM

no complaints (yet)

Old 03-26-2008, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: mfish

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I have no noises at all. I had one in the headliner from the dome light power wire that was bouncing around...sprayed some expanding foam in there and that solved the problem. I have no other noise at all...outside of the K&N FIPK.
When I hit bumps I hear a light tapping noise that I swear is coming from the headliner ( among all the other noises), but I cant see anything loose...you say your dome light wire wasbouncing aroundhuh?? I'll have to check that one...
yea, I was hearing it from the day I drove it off teh showroom floor...it was annoying the jebus out of me. Sounded like a mouse under the headliner....punching the headliner out of anger DID NOT make the noise go away...but the sound of cursing does kinda drown it out

I removed the dome light so I could tap into the wires and used a mirror and flashlight to look around. Like most cars there is a space between the headliner and the roof... there were the power wires for the dome light just laying there...not clipped or taped onto anything. So I took a can of expanding spray foam (minimum expansion..not maximum) and sprayed the wire as far as it would reach then coverd it lightlyall the way back to the opening for the dome light...the noise has never come back.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:03 AM

My 07': Clunk or Creak on the rear driver side

Wife's 08': Rattling noise coming from the engine passenger side upon acceleration, clunk on passenger side dash here and there and clunk on front passenger side suspension after leveling.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:53 AM

So far ok but I have a squeek almost that sounds like its back on the rear side behind the back seat. It only happens on any kind of bump. Heck if I ran over a paper clip its liable to squeek! I was yelling the other day for my son to hit things back there till it stopped. Heck he punched the whole darn back and nothing? And I was steady complaining! Besides that I have no other noises but that darn noise drives me crazy because I know its there! And then I get road rage and mad beacuse it squeeks and thats another story !!!!!

Quick Reply: Squeak, Rattle, Clunk, Etc...