PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeak, Rattle, Clunk, Etc...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Default Squeak, Rattle, Clunk, Etc...

My H3 is without a doubt the noisiest ride I've ever had as far as rattles go. It seems like each week I'm chasing down another squeak or rattle somewhere. this week it's been the trim piece around the side rear cargo area glass. The trim is made loose around the glass and rattles non-stop while driving. Does anyone else have this many rattles in their ride and has anyone found a way to keep this trim from making noise?

Old 03-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Default RE: Squeak, Rattle, Clunk, Etc...

I think everyone does.....Mine doesn't do to many rattles.....just here in there on the inside.....

Old 03-25-2008, 03:57 PM

I've been able to address most of them. Got one that I can't figure out. I only hear it at low speeds - outside of the truck, sounds like loose suspension pieces. Gentle clunking as the vehicle rolls over speeds bumps, changes directions, etc. Seems to happen whether hot or cold outside. It's not loud nor can I feel it. Not the steering shaft (that was fixed). Feels or sounds like there's play in the suspension - moves, hits a bushing or stop, moves back, making a very mild clunk as it hits each end after the loose play.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:20 PM

Mine is pretty quiet, only thing is some rattling at idle i think its the CAI or the housing for it or something though, just need to check it out

Old 03-25-2008, 04:57 PM

I have no noises at all. I had one in the headliner from the dome light power wire that was bouncing around...sprayed some expanding foam in there and that solved the problem. I have no other noise at all...outside of the K&N FIPK.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:02 PM
CWO

No noises here. Nothing like your talking about.

CWO

Old 03-25-2008, 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I have no noises at all. I had one in the headliner from the dome light power wire that was bouncing around...sprayed some expanding foam in there and that solved the problem. I have no other noise at all...outside of the K&N FIPK.
When I hit bumps I hear a light tapping noise that I swear is coming from the headliner ( among all the other noises), but I cant see anything loose...you say your dome light wire wasbouncing aroundhuh?? I'll have to check that one...

Old 03-25-2008, 09:46 PM

Granted, my H3 is not even one week old so I am definitely still getting to know it, but so farit's whisper quiet, not ONE rattle or squeak. And that is important to me, I _hate_ rattles and squeaks.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:18 PM

I feel the same way you do about rattles and squeaks..my H3 was great for about the first year, after that and a few off road adventures the rattles started to rear their ugly heads. I may have been a little rough off road too...

I hope yours stays quiet. Enjoy!

Old 03-25-2008, 10:42 PM

They just add character

Quick Reply: Squeak, Rattle, Clunk, Etc...