PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I'm out on a trail then *poof* (56k WARNING)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 07:08 AM
Default So I'm out on a trail then *poof* (56k WARNING)

Yesterday was the big day for us. It was the Lynch Driving Acadamy day at Lynch Hummer. We arrived there at about 7:45am after driving 3 hours. Mind you I haven't been to sleep yet since I got off work at 11pm the night before, so I'm a little tired after being up 24 hours, but I'm catching my second wind.

We have a little breakfast then the video presentation starts. After that it's about 10:00am and it's time for some driving, YAY!

It's been raining very VERY hard and the trails are extremely sloppy. So bad the the other H1 had to be pulled up a levee thatmy H3 barely made it up! With my stock tires, I'm not able to move fast due to the tires getting all gummed up, but I am moving. We get pretty deep on the trails, then my engine cuts out 2 times them just dies. Tried to restart it, but nothing. I have all the dash lights, but no cranking. It takes us 3 hours to get it towed back to the dealership (less than 1 mile away). It took everything that H1 had to tow me due to the conditions and the terrain.

Ofcourse, since it's saturday, there aren't any technicians working, soI am a little stuck. I talk with my salesman that I purchased my H3 from.

They game me an '06 H2 to take home while they keep my H3 to figure out what went wrong. I did pay 350.00 for the day of driving which was lost, but they offered me to come to the next one again in April to do it again.

Moral of the story, sleep before you make any long travels. This day was miserable. After I "broke", I lost every bit of desire to even be awake, which made the journey home even worse. After being up 35 hours by the time we got home and having a bad day, I just crashed on the bed hoping I would wake up and it was all just a dream... lol

Here are a couple of pics of the journey...

The start of the day. This H1 owned by Lynch will be come my towtruck in a short time from now.

Name:  DSC00175.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  129.6 KB

An H1 stuck on the Levee needing some help from the Lynch H1.

Name:  DSC00215.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  233.8 KB
Name:  DSC00218.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  292.0 KB
Name:  DSC00225.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  304.7 KB

A couple of shots from the trail...

Name:  DSC00213.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  288.9 KB
Name:  DSC00229.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  297.2 KB

Were I was when it quit....

Name:  DSC00232.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  224.5 KB

i did get my HummerForums.com sticker on though! lol

Old 02-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Default RE: So I'm out on a trail then *poof* (56k WARNING)

WOW Jeremy, Sorry to hear about your troubles. That SUCKS!!!

Thanks for the pics though...Looks COOL!!!

Get some WELL NEEDED SLEEP. In a month, this will be one of those FUNNY stories you can tell your friends!!

Old 02-25-2007, 10:04 AM

Some bad luck man. [&:] Those are some good pic's though

Let us know what they find out about your H3.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:38 AM

How do you like the H2

Old 02-25-2007, 11:41 AM

Nice pics

Old 02-25-2007, 12:09 PM

nice pictures! at least they are taking care of you and are also allowing you to come back again at no cost.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:27 PM

dude, too bad about your truck. it looks like it would have been a hell of a fun day without that. looked like someone even got to break in the virgin tow strap. i remember when mine was that clean. nice pics, and good luck with the truck.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:32 PM

Interesting problem...had you gone through anything really rough before the engine cut out? (deep water, hard hit to the underbody, etc) Sounds like a cool trip - awesome pictures. Is it just me or does it look like that H1 should have been able to make it up that hill? Maybe there wasn't much running room to get some momentum since the tires were probably all caked...

Old 02-25-2007, 02:23 PM

Bummer about the trip![&o] But at least your dealer came through, and you get to play in an H2 for a bit. Get some zzz's, and recover, and you'll laugh about this. Hopefully nothing major wrong with your truck, I'm sure it's OK. Great pics BTW![8D]

Old 02-25-2007, 03:36 PM

I dodn't hit any bumps or go though any water... It just died like if you tuned it off with the key.

I was having a blast, even though I was so very tired. It is nice to have a dealership take care of you though in time of need.

Maybe I should just chrome it and stay out of the dirty stuff..I heard Chrome gets you laid.. lol [sm=bling.gif]

To put it in the best possible way, I was seriously [sm=owned.gif][sm=owned.gif][sm=owned.gif]

Quick Reply: So I'm out on a trail then *poof* (56k WARNING)