PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Shorty Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Default Shorty Antenna

Does anyone know where I can get a short replacement antenna in black for my H3? I have to park in some parking garages and am getting sick of the scraping and banging. Found one in silver but not one in black. I put on the realwheels black billet antenna base and would like the antenna to match if possible. Any advice appreciated.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Default RE: Shorty Antenna

I BOUGHT A 16 IN ONE DID NOT LIKE IT SO I BOUGHT A 6 IN ONE LESS NOTICABLE AT PERFOEMACE PRODUCTS BUT I HAD TO BUT A CHEAPO ON EBAY TO GET THE ADAPTOR.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

I BOUGHT A 16 IN ONE DID NOT LIKE IT SO I BOUGHT A 6 IN ONE LESS NOTICABLE AT PERFOEMACE PRODUCTS BUT I HAD TO BUT A CHEAPO ON EBAY TO GET THE ADAPTOR.
How is the radio reception? I had one on my Tahoe, and the radio reception was terrible. That being said, I hate trying to reach around the antenna on the H3 to clean the windows. A shorty would be great.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:29 PM

This may sound crude and rude..I have not don' this yet, but I see it can be done...Take a pair wire cutters and snip off at the top, near the ball the little wire that spirles up the shaft, peel it back down to where you plan on snipping the shaft to the length you want...rewind the little wire up at the top of the shortened shaft. Mix up a batch of clear epoxy and put a dab on the cut end to seal it off..You can even let it harden a little so you can shape the little glob into a ball to form the end of the antenna...I did this on another car I had for the same reasons..too long..Reception should not be affected for your stronger stations.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:39 PM

reception is good no problem yet but i realy did not care because of the 6 cds

Old 03-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Old 03-30-2006, 11:08 PM

Thanks- I appreciate it. I really need the black so it looks like the AMI is the one. Do you know if it needs any kind of adaptor or if it just screws into the stock mounting? What length do you think looks good on the H3? Reception is not really an issue since I mainly use the XM. Just sick of scraping in the parking gargage

Old 03-31-2006, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: archer

Thanks- I appreciate it. I really need the black so it looks like the AMI is the one. Do you know if it needs any kind of adaptor or if it just screws into the stock mounting? What length do you think looks good on the H3? Reception is not really an issue since I mainly use the XM. Just sick of scraping in the parking gargage

i like the 8 in less noticeable i was use to power antenna so i go black do you dont notice it at all but the adapter that come with it is to small there is one on ebay a plastic one but i bought it for the adapter i like the black metal one from performance

Old 03-31-2006, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

ORIGINAL: archer

i like the 8 in less noticeable i was use to power antenna so i go black do you dont notice it at all but the adapter that come with it is to small there is one on ebay a plastic one but i bought it for the adapter i like the black metal one from performance
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...683_5_full.jpg

it hard to see in this pic which is good but i'm takeing better ones this weekend and i will get a pic of that