PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Short warm season 8 months since I fully washed it!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Default Short warm season 8 months since I fully washed it!!

Considering ....it still came out pretty good. ( my dauughter wanted for her graduation ceremony) A lot of 4 wheelin mudding and alder scrapes and scratches over the last 3 seasons but she cleans up well!!!

Name:  hummerforgrad.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  95.8 KB

Old 05-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Thumbs up

Looks great!!

Old 05-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Banned
Default yeah,my first bath in5-6 mo!

just yesterday i got a bucket of warm soapy meguiers good stuff.
when rinsed i saw what i call water marks,almost invisible,no surface feel,just bad looking and good wax just drags over them , not that nice smooth feel,,,yuko. then i have tar from the new improved tar and gravel splatter process the highway brains are messing with.

for tar i got turtle bug/tar spray. it goes on nice and thick,not runny. it stays in place for minutes to soak the tar loose whick it does a half way job of. tar is hard to get off. a 2nd effort helps.

now the good news,for the ugly water marks,unfazed by reg wax is TOTALLY CLEANED UP with turtle polishing compound,a thick milky very creamy cleaner that REALLY does the job.
you can just keep wiping it on with one cloth till it disappears! and it looks great,as is. now follow with your reg wax that now goes on super ez and gives a FABULOUS finish.
ive never liked a polish more,its great. comes in a black plastic squeese bottle,and dont squeese too much,it g\oes a long way.

i do about 20% at a go,its a workout,the roof being the worst. btw the skylight was really a mess,a film. i usedc both tar remover,and the polish twice to get it clear. and no i never park under trees, its crud in the air??

now if i can find my last yrs back to blaCK,,,ill do the cleanup,,,manyana...

Old 05-16-2012, 08:49 AM

One thing I was surprised and disappointed with was the new added grill piece I put on last season has all gone pitted and the surface is flaking ( You cant see it from the pic on here but looks terrible) I paid a fiar bit for that little piece too!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 AM

That looks good, I told my daughter last night she is 13, that I would give the H3 to her when she starts driving (she has been learning to drive it already) and I would buy another f-250. She said, "dad some things need changed, I want a new stereo with built in nav and a lift kit" Lol