PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shady Service???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Default Shady Service???

Ok so brief rundown. I took my H3 in to get a couple of things repaired. One of which was that the sunroof was not working properly and was actually causing a bit of a leak down on the drivers side floor. Now i knwo that the H3 is especially prone and known for this. So i took her in to the dealer to get repaired. Still under warranty and the previous owner was a lease. So i get a call from the dealer who says they cannot fix the sunroof because it is an aftermarket sunroof. I was really to shocked to think about what to say. That just makes zero sense to me. How is that possible that it is an aftermarket sunroof??? if something was wrong with it from the previous owner they would have had it repaired under warranty as well....and under a lease i dont believe that you are allowed to make alterations or modifications to the vehicle so it was definitely there to begin with. So i want to call b.s. on the dealer....but wanted to hear your opinions before going back in there today kicking up a storm.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:51 AM

I know that I have seen several threads on this forum for aftermarket sunroofs. It is weird how everyone throws away the window stickers when they buy a vehicle. I have always put mine in the glove box and it would have shown it in the original purchase. It is also my understanding that the aftermarkets all have different looking controls on the operation. I could post a picture of mine. Is it an 06' H3? I have heard people mention leaks although mine has never seen a drop on the inside. That might be a bad clue that it may be aftermarket.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:15 PM

yes it is an 06 h3. a picture would be very much appreciated thank you very much. for the reply

Old 11-25-2009, 04:18 PM

Remember that the factory sunroof totally retracts which I have not seen a whole lot. This may or may not help. Also open the sunroof and look for a part number on the frame of the sunroof. An aftermarket part would not have this. Hopefully the pics will upload

Attached Thumbnails Shady Service???-sunroof-1-1.jpg   Shady Service???-sunroof-2-1.jpg   Shady Service???-sunroof-3-1-1.jpg   Shady Service???-sunroof-4-1.jpg