PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

service tpm? i just got it..

Old 11-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Default service tpm? i just got it..

2nd day with my 07 h3 adventure... it says service tpm....? tire pressure monitor? all tires are at 35psi.. and it comes on and off for periods of time... can i fix it myself?

Old 11-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Default RE: service tpm? i just got it..

check your spare, that can also send a tpm message. also the tpm message is nothing more than a message warning you that you have a tire with pressure running low, it will not affect anything else in the truck, just hit the trip odometer **** once and the message will go away till the next ignition cycle.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:26 AM

Since we're on the subject....

Have any of you that have put on new wheels, have your sensors transfered to the new wheels? I'm waiting on a new set of wheels/tires and I'm wondering if I really need to transfer the sensors from the stock wheels to my new wheels. should I buy a new set of sensors, or just run it without the sensors altogether. The tire guys want to charge me an extra $150 bucks for the transfer. If run without it, will I have to deal with the sensor light constantly on?

Old 11-10-2006, 08:51 AM

Those tire pressure monitors are not hard to transfer once the tire is off the wheel $150 sounds like a lot to do this unless they are pretty exotic/fancy wheels. I believe the lite will be one without the monitors present. Steve
ORIGINAL: naluboy

Have any of you that have put on new wheels, have your sensors transfered to the new wheels? I'm waiting on a new set of wheels/tires and I'm wondering if I really need to transfer the sensors from the stock wheels to my new wheels. should I buy a new set of sensors, or just run it without the sensors altogether. The tire guys want to charge me an extra $150 bucks for the transfer. If run without it, will I have to deal with the sensor light constantly on?

Old 11-10-2006, 02:51 PM

ok, just to let you know there are alot of threads about this already but....

The TPS message will come on once every ignition cycle, simply push in the trip odometer **** and it will clear the message and will not appear again until your next igntion cycle. It is not a light and not an annoying chime like the seat belt chime, just a message that comes on your display saying service TPM or something like that. That bieng said, I have had my new rims without any sensors for a few months now and have NEVER gotten a message, don't know why but I haven't got one yet.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:36 PM

Sorry, before posting I did a search on TPMS and it kept giving me a not enough info, or no matching message. I was trying to save myself from typing the whole thing out, you know having just two fingers and all.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

check your spare, that can also send a tpm message. also the tpm message is nothing more than a message warning you that you have a tire with pressure running low, it will not affect anything else in the truck, just hit the trip odometer **** once and the message will go away till the next ignition cycle.

OK some someone else said this how is this possible.
If you take spare off and put it on the truck then i can see it.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:49 PM

ORIGINAL: naluboy

I would just use your old ones that what i did no problems.
I would find a new installer $150 to install the old one I paid $80. to replace my sensors and put my new tires on and inside balance

Old 11-11-2006, 03:05 AM

I don't know Mark, all I know is that my dealer told me that the spare has a sensor and it will send a TPM message if you let it run low. I always just thought that there was a sensor in the spare and a reading sensor in the bracket that holds it on....or my dealer was full of chit....that could be more true

Old 11-11-2006, 07:35 PM

So many people take there spare off and never put it back on and the light never comes on.
The spare has to be on the axle. I have 35 on the truck with 40 psi my spare is a 33 with 35 psi no problems.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: service tpm? i just got it..