Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   service stability system traction failed reduced power (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/service-stability-system-traction-failed-reduced-power-33886/)

wpduffey 09-26-2014 08:54 PM

service stability system traction failed reduced power

2006 H3 Adv. 87,000 miles, owned 4 weeks. CLEAN! Like new all over and under. We drove it to the grocery store, got back in and this started. Limp mode all the way home, let it sit for an hour, cranked it up and its gone. Runs fine now but for how long. So it just reset itself as if it never happened.

Obviously I'm not the first one this has happened to but it seems like everything I read was something different or a bunch of maybe this or that. Some of the posts are 5 years old too. I do also have a passenger side power seat switch malfunctioning and just went through all 4 sunroof drains (floor was damp). Any ideas of what it usually is. Where to start? Connections to anything else?

I am a pretty darn good mechanic. I can service most anything and replace most anything but I don't have a code reader to plug it into. If it needed a water pump, new U-joints or a brake job I'm your man.
Any experienced help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

badss98 09-26-2014 09:13 PM

Ok i will throw out a few suggestions, First check throttle body and make sure it is clean because these can lead to codes going off, Stop down to autoparts store and have them read codes and make sure there reader can read the abs codes also. A rule of thumb is to correct the first code first and not just correct every code thrown. Get throttle body cleaner when you are there and clean it even if it looks good usually the dirt is behind the throttle blades and unless you remove it it really wont be clean. This is a place to start and let us know how you progress.

Happy Hummer 09-27-2014 01:08 AM

Hi enjoy your hummer h3. Lol!
Let's get started. ....
* replacement battery connectors
* clean MAF
* clean TB
* replace spark plus with oem ac delco
* check pcv hose under air resonator (mine was dry rotted)
* check air filter
* check codes (code reader is available at HF)
* check for water intrusion on C.O.P at position 3 & 5
* also if BCM got wet dry it out thoroughly with hair dryer/fan
I believe that the BCM getting wet may be the 1st place to start.

Chris

woodwardsh3 09-27-2014 09:33 AM

I just had this happen on our 2010 impala. had the codes read and it was the gas pedal
I replaced that and have not had anymore problems. Im not sure if we have the drive by wire or not ,but get the codes read. it is the best advice

gp1182 09-27-2014 10:17 AM

Pleas help me

I am unsure if this is the post for what I am about to write. However, yesterday i got a totally different "sign" from the vehicle.
I will write the same as I wrote on a post that is very old, in this post so that anyone can read what my car has been doing.

My 2007 H3 has has been hesitating since May 2014. It hesitates at low idle, but will eventually start to turn off.
I got a "Misfire" code from Onstar and Pepboys gave me three codes which are P0300, P2101, P0102, and P0151.

The parts that have been changed so far are:
Radiator
Thermostat
Engine coolant.
Mass air flow sensor.
All coils.
All spark plugs.
Throttle body cleaned three times.
Camshaft sensor
a relay plug was cleaned
NOTE: I do not recall other sensors names, bu my mechanic says that all sensors in the car have been replaced with new ones.
Also, just before i took the car back to the mechanic, something told me to start moving wires in the car and I did. There is this plug that when i grabbed it the car turned off and this is when the mechanic said to change the camshaft sensor and this relay was cleaned (it goes in the back of the engine on the right hand side).

So yesterday I was asked to take the car and drive it after a camshaft sensor. I drove the car maybe 3 miles, picked up a friend. while I waited for my friend i decided to grab this relay and move it around. The minute i grabbed it the car started hesitating badly. So i went back to the mechanic, however, I was out of luck, he was already closing the shop.
Nonetheless, while i explains this to him i walked over to the car because he asked if any signs came on.
When I looked inside the car a sign said "TRACTION FAILED SERVICE TABS SYS". the engine light came on a bit after and then another light came on (i think it is the traction light because i see a little car image like its skidding)

so I google this new sign and this is how i ended up here.

On another post it say that a plug is loose at the transfer case and another loose plug located underhood at the PCM.
someone posted that he had to change the Transfer Case Control Module- TCCM.
another posted that he had to change the YAW Sensor due to a sunroof clogged drain (clogged drain was done but no YAW sensor changed)
Yet another said to cycle the 4WD buttons 50 times (DONE and nothing).

Meanwhile, I have been spending about $500 dollars monthly since May, to no avail.

When the car went to the dealer the dealer cleaned the throttle body and then told me it was dirty. My answer was that the TB had been cleaned two days before. They still charged me $193 dollars. Now watch this, 15 minutes after i left the dealer the problem was back so I drove back. The dealer then said "Nothing shows up on the computer and the only thing I can suggest is to take the entire engine out and check the inside"
The price for that: $3500 Dollars (without any actual fixing) The dealer also said that a the very least I was looking at $7000 dollars for ny repairs. WTF! how do they charge for something they can't even tell?

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer (Post 317604)
Let's get started. ....
* clean MAF
* clean TB
* check air filter

Chris

wpduffey 09-27-2014 03:29 PM

code p2101

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer (Post 317604)
Let's get started. ....
* clean MAF
* clean TB
* check air filter

Chris

It only threw one code P2101 so I gonna start from the list and see where it takes me.
Hard to work on it when it runs so good now. Even the check engine light went off.
Thanks a bunch

hummerz 09-27-2014 07:36 PM

P2101:

1. Check battery cables.

2. Check that battery voltage remains above 10 V while cranking.

3. Clean throttle bore out, with throttle plate held open.

4. Check (TAC) Motor Connector

5. Check Intake Manifold Bolts

6. Clear codes, recheck operation.

7. If same, watch TP1 and TP2 for status in ECM data, should indicate AGREE at all times.

GL

hummerz 09-27-2014 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by gp1182 (Post 317615)
I am unsure if this is the post for what I am about to write. However, yesterday i got a totally different "sign" from the vehicle.
I will write the same as I wrote on a post that is very old, in this post so that anyone can read what my car has been doing.

My 2007 H3 has has been hesitating since May 2014. It hesitates at low idle, but will eventually start to turn off.
I got a "Misfire" code from Onstar and Pepboys gave me three codes which are P0300, P2101, P0102, and P0151.

The parts that have been changed so far are:
Radiator
Thermostat
Engine coolant.
Mass air flow sensor.
All coils.
All spark plugs.
Throttle body cleaned three times.
Camshaft sensor
a relay plug was cleaned
NOTE: I do not recall other sensors names, bu my mechanic says that all sensors in the car have been replaced with new ones.
Also, just before i took the car back to the mechanic, something told me to start moving wires in the car and I did. There is this plug that when i grabbed it the car turned off and this is when the mechanic said to change the camshaft sensor and this relay was cleaned (it goes in the back of the engine on the right hand side).

So yesterday I was asked to take the car and drive it after a camshaft sensor. I drove the car maybe 3 miles, picked up a friend. while I waited for my friend i decided to grab this relay and move it around. The minute i grabbed it the car started hesitating badly. So i went back to the mechanic, however, I was out of luck, he was already closing the shop.
Nonetheless, while i explains this to him i walked over to the car because he asked if any signs came on.
When I looked inside the car a sign said "TRACTION FAILED SERVICE TABS SYS". the engine light came on a bit after and then another light came on (i think it is the traction light because i see a little car image like its skidding)

so I google this new sign and this is how i ended up here.

On another post it say that a plug is loose at the transfer case and another loose plug located underhood at the PCM.
someone posted that he had to change the Transfer Case Control Module- TCCM.
another posted that he had to change the YAW Sensor due to a sunroof clogged drain (clogged drain was done but no YAW sensor changed)
Yet another said to cycle the 4WD buttons 50 times (DONE and nothing).

Meanwhile, I have been spending about $500 dollars monthly since May, to no avail.

When the car went to the dealer the dealer cleaned the throttle body and then told me it was dirty. My answer was that the TB had been cleaned two days before. They still charged me $193 dollars. Now watch this, 15 minutes after i left the dealer the problem was back so I drove back. The dealer then said "Nothing shows up on the computer and the only thing I can suggest is to take the entire engine out and check the inside"
The price for that: $3500 Dollars (without any actual fixing) The dealer also said that a the very least I was looking at $7000 dollars for ny repairs. WTF! how do they charge for something they can't even tell?

ALL those codes point to the same possible cause----> Intake Manifold Leak. Check/Tighten those intake manifold bolts. GL

badss98 09-28-2014 10:32 PM

Also the map sensor is on the right side back and if this is bad will cause random errors to show uo also if rubber seal on sensor is bad will cause manifold leak

Gomer 09-28-2014 10:55 PM

Mine did that once when the electronics behind the glove box got wet because of the sunroof drains. If it happened right around the time of the drain problem you mentioned I'll bet that was the culprit. Mine luckily dried out and it rest and has not been back since been like 3 or 4 years now. Good luck!