PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERV TPM help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Default SERV TPM help...

so i just got my 06 H3 on saturday. i told the salesman the SERV TPM message was up on the dash. they said they couldnt do anything about that..... so now im digging into it a little and it appears the sensors arent even in the eagle alloy rims that are on the truck.... soooooooooooo..... i guess im stuck dealing with the message popping up or is there some way around this? i still have a factory spare so i need to see if theres one in there. that way i guess i only have to buy 3 sensors. the cheapest ive found them for are like $32/each online.... then i gotta pay to have the tires removed and remounted to put these things in... then i gotta do the "relearn" process with the new sensors...... what a PITA....

Old 04-10-2013, 08:47 PM

Mine does that too. I have a TPMS in one of my wheels that is bad. GM can't seem to find which one. They all test good. I just tap the trip button and it goes away, just have the little flat tire light in the middle of the cluster. Your spare may not have one either I guess some years they quit installing them in the spare. Good Luck

Old 04-11-2013, 12:11 AM

I bought an 06 little over a month ago and have the same problem. I was also getting "low tire pressure" and found out that I was fortunate enough to have three screws in two tires. I thought the "SERV TPM" message would correct itself once the tires were repaired but no such luck. It annoyed the hell out of me at first but I barely notice it now. Does anyone know if it's even worth getting the sensors replaced?

Old 04-11-2013, 07:20 AM

I had a similar issue. I put new wheels and tires with all new sensors and they never worked until I had to replace my BCM because of another problem. I had the tire shop reprogram them several times. I just lived with it.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:30 AM

Jtphoto, there's a process in the owners manual to "relearn" the sensors. You might try that... I guess I'll just have to live with the message poppin up.... I heard something somewhere that you could just keep the sensors in the glove box and that'll trick the brain into thinking they're all there. I might try that if I feel like droppin $150 on sensors... Then I could get the sensors installed whenever it's time for new tires. That's if it's even worth the hassle of all that......

Old 04-11-2013, 09:50 AM

The sensors read pressure, if a certain pressure is not seen then the light will come on. Keeping them in the glove box won't help.

Put a piece of electrical tape over the tire icon on he dash or replace the TPMs.

If the spare is the original it will have a sensor in it on an 06. But it may not be any good anymore either. Buy 4.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:54 AM

I have not seen the low tire pressure light come on yet just the service TPM message pop up... I've got some other stuff I want to do first so I'll worry about that later on down the road. Thanks tainter.....

Old 04-11-2013, 12:11 PM

Thanks Digglesworth, I'll check that out and get it a try.