PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serv 4WD and Traction Failed messages.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Default Serv 4WD and Traction Failed messages.

Hey guys, new to the forum. So recently my '06 H3 started to show the traction control light. I took it to the dealer because I needed an oil change anyway, and they blamed it on my tires, which, granted they do have the original 86k miles on them. So I ordered some new ones, and I'm waiting for the to come in. But today, while driving home, instead of just the traction control light, now in the cluster, it says, "Traction Failed" and after that scrolls through it says, "Serv 4wd". All of the lights on the drive control buttons are off, and the vehicle itself drives fine. It's a 5-speed so I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem, but any advice and help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by oTurtlez
Hey guys, new to the forum. So recently my '06 H3 started to show the traction control light. I took it to the dealer because I needed an oil change anyway, and they blamed it on my tires, which, granted they do have the original 86k miles on them. So I ordered some new ones, and I'm waiting for the to come in. But today, while driving home, instead of just the traction control light, now in the cluster, it says, "Traction Failed" and after that scrolls through it says, "Serv 4wd". All of the lights on the drive control buttons are off, and the vehicle itself drives fine. It's a 5-speed so I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem, but any advice and help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
SEARCH your topic, been chewed on then kicked before the horse was beat to death.

Tires have nothing to do with it and I hope you did not fall for that and buy tires from the dealer.

Most common cause, bad T Case shift actuator, but there are several others.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
SEARCH your topic, been chewed on then kicked before the horse was beat to death.

Tires have nothing to do with it and I hope you did not fall for that and buy tires from the dealer.

Most common cause, bad T Case shift actuator, but there are several others.
I have researched but I just wanted some reassurance. The truck is my wife's truck so what she does with it is her call, hence buying tires from the dealer. It's booked for service on the 12th, so I'll see how that goes.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 AM

Blamed it on the tires, you know 'cuz it's the traction light.....unbelievable.

I understand your wife makes her decisions but if that's what thew dealer said I would certainly step in and tell her you will be taking it to another dealer.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Banned

when i had a wife, she picked her used car, i did the buying saved her,say us, $500 and i did or had all maintenance done.
you cannot let women at the (un)mercy of car repair/dealer shops.
let them buy the gas only. they are are a target for the crooks.

then, food shopping? she would show me how to cut 30 to 50 %,,,her thing!

Old 05-04-2012, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by oTurtlez
I have researched but I just wanted some reassurance. The truck is my wife's truck so what she does with it is her call, hence buying tires from the dealer. It's booked for service on the 12th, so I'll see how that goes.
It does not matter who's rig it is or who wears the pants in the family. In any relationship (personal or business) if one person spends $ like that the other partner will eventually have to pay for it!

-Tires should be purchaced from a tire store (dealer markup is sometimes 100%).
-If what the dealer says makes no common sense, RUN QUICKLY and find a dealer or mechanic who will sit doen with you and explain things.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:53 PM
RGD
Default Serv 4WD and Traction Failed Messages

This could be your Problem. Preformed diagnostic system check and found C0045 current tested and found L-R weel speed sensor open. Replaced defective WSS this corrected my problem. (Traction light would come on 3-4 times a week with a message on the dash saying "Trac ABS Failed". Would reset after vehicle was turned off. Part number for the sensor is 15862988.(cost of the sensor is about $42.00 list is about $81.00). Please note! there are 4 sensors on the vehicle you will need to find the one that is bad.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Banned

found C0045 current tested and found L-R weel speed
tires huh,,and the dealer has the tools to find the above, and other stuff. amazing the crooks out there.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:08 PM
RGD
Default Serv 4WD and Traction Failed messages.

Only 2 abs sensors not 4 as I stated in my post. sorry about that. The part number is for a 2006 H3.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:14 AM

I had the same codes shortly after buying mine last fall. Replaced the Tcase actuator motor under warranty and no problems since.