PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Seat Belt Alarm

Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Default RE: Seat Belt Alarm

ORIGINAL: RealJeep
Geeze! Why do N00Bs have to keep asking this question??? I need to go destress now.
They just want to annoy you

Old 04-24-2008, 01:22 PM

I have a better question... Does anyone know how many ft/lbs of force it takes to smash your head against the windshield and pop it out? You see,I don't have a windshield popper tool so I thought if I used my head then I wouldn't have to be inconvenienced by using the proper tool. You know I'm all about convenience and those windshield popper tools the government makes me buy are such a pain. Besides, nobody am gonna tell me what I can do! Not as long as I'm still stoopid!

Old 04-24-2008, 04:03 PM

TREY124
We do like to rip on each other every now and than.

It's the law to wear the seatbelt so I'm just used to wearing it all the time, even when off roading.

I too wear my seatbelt all time, well not all the time.
When I'm off road and driving up a trail and come to gap fences and the occasional tree branch or debris in the way
taking the seatbelt off and on is a real hassle. So here's what I ended up doing. I went to a local junk yard and bought two seatbelt
latch tabs ( the thing you click into the receiver). It allows me to get in and out at a moments notice and none of that latching the belt behind me, which i did on my last off road trip.
You may think this is all crazy, but it sure works well for me
I always wear my belt when on a serious public road tho

Old 04-24-2008, 05:54 PM

One thing you may want to keep in mind is that your dealer was right, it does effect the airbags. The passenger sied airbag will not turn on until the seatbelt is latched. Look at the lights on the dash when you have a passenger who is not wearing their seatbelt.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:30 AM

Thanks again to all who actually answered me.

To the rest of you, you have no idea what or where I use my vehicle. FYI it is on my ranch in Wyoming and riding the ranch with that idiot alarm going off is a pita. While I'm on the road I do wear it, but again it is nunya.

Thanks,
David

Old 04-25-2008, 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: SandT_H3

One thing you may want to keep in mind is that your dealer was right, it does effect the airbags. The passenger sied airbag will not turn on until the seatbelt is latched. Look at the lights on the dash when you have a passenger who is not wearing their seatbelt.

Yes you are right
I bought two seatbelt latches
So when my friend goes with me off roading and we
use the two seat belt latches the air bag light is "ON"

Old 04-25-2008, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: DieselPSD

Thanks again to all who actually answered me.

To the rest of you, you have no idea what or where I use my vehicle. FYI it is on my ranch in Wyoming and riding the ranch with that idiot alarm going off is a pita. While I'm on the road I do wear it, but again it is nunya.

Thanks,
David
I understand what you are talking about. even though I always wear mine while on the road or off roading, my wife and I both latch them behind us when we are doing something like a trail cleanup that way they are not in the way as we are in and out so much picking up garbage, but we also don't have to listen to the alarm. Even though I am a firm believer in wearing seat belts, I do think there are times when they are not necessary.

Stan

Old 09-10-2008, 09:36 AM

I just read the posts about the seat belt alarm. I've been annoyed by that thing as well. I have a dog that sits in the front seat pretty often, and I was looking to find a way to silence the alarm when she's in the car. I found a site where you can but a silencing device (www.clickercheater.com) for $20- I bought one and it works great.- Oh, and P.S.- I DO WEAR MY SEATBELT!![>:]

Old 09-10-2008, 11:45 AM

I asked the same question a long time ago and got mostly the same answers.. dont wory about these guys... they will relax

Old 09-10-2008, 11:22 PM

after about five mins the seat belt alarm just stops making sounds..buti wear mine on and off..