PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Default Right turn signal

Got a gremlin in my right turn signal wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I can check next. I replaced the bulb and it lit up and just stayed lit but would not blink, then this morning it would not light or blink. Right tail light is working fine. I would hate to have to take this to the dealer since who knows what they will say. If you have any ideas of what else I could check I would most appreciate it. Short version- all lights and turn signals work except for right front. Sometimes it lights sometimes not. Only front right. Already changed bulb. Thx.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:17 AM

Have you checked the rear bulb on that side? it may be out also. Try replacing that one. If not may be a relay.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:42 AM

Another forum member had a similar problem and it turned out to be the BCM (Body Control Module). Hopefully you're under warranty if that's what it turns out to be.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 AM

tail/stopl lights,turn signals separate elements/filaments,separate controls.
also,the bcm schematic shows "bulb out" indicator.???looks like a dash panel indicator
? never saw one.

Last edited by happythree; 05-06-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Rear and all others work fine. Left signal works fine as well front and back just that pesky right one. Sigh guess ill have to take it to dealer at some point. If ya think of anything else let me know. Thanks all!

Old 05-06-2013, 05:25 PM

Ok seems I narrowed it down a bit. Seems it has something to do with the daytime running light mode. I have a 2006 with the amber lights for the daytime running lights. If I have the light switch in auto the light does not work but if parking lights are in it works and if head lights are on it works as far as lights up it still will not blink in any mode so the running lights and blinker must be same wire? Would there be a desperate fuse for the left and right running lights? Ill have to check but as before any other thoughts or guesses would most appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2013, 05:26 PM

bcm wiring shows a fuse for front and one for rear,no help. then just a wire to the bulbs,4 separate wires,no help
each front has a "repeater" bulb in parallel,side marker?.
if you pull the bulb you should get a bulb out signal,so it looks like,?
I would double chec the socket and right side "repeater"
I\ll go see if mine lites on the side.
edit, no help,side lites on only with all lights,no blink. repeater?? I have no clue..

edit, repeater looks like export item. ts connector has 3 pins,ground,ts volts,and park lite volts,,,TRIPLE CHECK THE SOCKET AND BULB AN HOW YOU PLUGGED IT IN!!

I got nothing else.

Last edited by happythree; 05-06-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Gomer
Ok seems I narrowed it down a bit. Seems it has something to do with the daytime running light mode. I have a 2006 with the amber lights for the daytime running lights. If I have the light switch in auto the light does not work but if parking lights are in it works and if head lights are on it works as far as lights up it still will not blink in any mode so the running lights and blinker must be same wire? Would there be a desperate fuse for the left and right running lights? Ill have to check but as before any other thoughts or guesses would most appreciated. Thanks!
The bulb should be a 3157 which is a 2 filament bulb. Running light and parking light use the same feed wire and power the same filament in the bulb. Turn signal has it's own wire feeding it's own filament in the bulb. Sounds like you're getting voltage through one wire only. Back to the BCM?

Old 05-06-2013, 06:05 PM

Hmm got the right bulb and all blew into connector to make sure no crap on there. Bulb plugged in with the snap feel so I think it's ok also it lights in every other situation except daytime running and blinking. Question about the bcm I see its in the fuse box of that is replaced do I have to redo my key fobs etc or can I just buy a new one and plug it in. I appreciate your help!!

Old 05-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Default confusion

i was typing when you last posted.
yes,i think the common ground is open and when you turn on other lites it finds a ground path?
redouble check the 3 pin socket!!

Quick Reply: Right turn signal