PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Riding Shotgun

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Default Riding Shotgun

Has anybody rode shotgunyet? I did for the first time the other night and i think it has a different feel (ride) than the drivers seat. Anybody else find the same thing or was it just my own fear of my wifes driving!!

Old 01-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Default RE: Riding Shotgun

ORIGINAL: jm4490

Has anybody rode shotgunyet? I did for the first time the other night and i think it has a different feel (ride) than the drivers seat. Anybody else find the same thing or was it just my own fear of my wifes driving!!
Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 66
Size:  1.8 KBName:  giggle.gif
Views: 66
Size:  1.8 KB

Attached Images
File Type: gif
giggle.gif (1.8 KB, 29 views)
Old 01-06-2007, 08:28 PM

I don't have leather and yes, the seat definately feels different.. I have the seats adjusted identically because I can't stand when the seats look all ****-eyed in cars, it drives me nuts! The difference I think is because there is no lumbar support adjustment on the passenger side seat, and the obvious lack of a steering wheel to hold on to. If you sit in the drivers seat like a passenger (look 'ma no hands style) it feels identical except for the lower back as far as I can tell... I have too much time on my hands since I'm not taking classes right now, so sue me

Old 01-06-2007, 11:55 PM

My wife drove the H2 on a little trip last week. It was different on the pass side. On that side, it looked like she was going to hit every mailbox we passed.[]

She did very well, but it was hard to relax

Old 01-07-2007, 01:34 AM

The only time I ever drove in the passenger seat with my wife driving was 3 years ago before my son was born. We were in my Grand National and I had just installed a new turbo, injectors,downpipe and tires. We pulled up to a red-light and a punk with a Supra pulled next to us and started reving that POS. The light turned green and my wife pulled off the line like there was a cop behind us...we lost badly!!! At the next light I got out and switched seats with my wife.......beat the supra by 5 car lengths and told my wife she will never drive with me in the car again.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:35 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

The only time I ever drove in the passenger seat with my wife driving was 3 years ago before my son was born. We were in my Grand National and I had just installed a new turbo, injectors,downpipe and tires. We pulled up to a red-light and a punk with a Supra pulled next to us and started reving that POS. The light turned green and my wife pulled off the line like there was a cop behind us...we lost badly!!! At the next light I got out and switched seats with my wife.......beat the supra by 5 car lengths and told my wife she will never drive with me in the car again.
Name:  smile11.gif
Views: 62
Size:  1.2 KB

Old 01-07-2007, 11:16 AM

That's just MEAN! Good thing we have the community property law down here...it states "what'sMINE isMINE (the H3) AND what's his (the vette) is MINE! Don't believe me just take a look![8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1372/F542FAC8634D4E5AA2148339E7570E63.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-07-2007, 12:17 PM

besides the fear factor !! does the ride itself feel any different to anybody else?

Old 01-07-2007, 12:30 PM

Yeah! It doesn't feel as good riding as it does driving! [sm=youreright.gif]

In all seriousness, as Cerb stated, possibly the lack of adjustment capability in the passenger seat, possibly (for me anyway) no center console to lean on on the right side (and NOOO I dont ride around all on the lean LOL), perhaps psychologically the ride isn't as good as the drive as well! [sm=gears.gif]

Old 01-07-2007, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: LawWyfe

That's just MEAN! Good thing we have the community property law down here...it states "what'sMINE isMINE (the H3) AND what's his (the vette) is MINE! Don't believe me just take a look![8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1372/F542FAC8634D4E5AA2148339E7570E63.jpg[/IMG]
Wow........looks good...................TheVette also.

Quick Reply: Riding Shotgun