PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reset Tire Pressure Monitor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:20 AM

Bringing this thread back is a good thing. When the "SERVICE TPM" light gets in my wifes face it puts her in my face. The gotta know it all husband has let her down again when this happens. You know what I'm talking about. " I thought you said you got that error code off my dash, "I did" WeLLLLL!!!! its back on AGAIN!. The way I look at it this light is going to be a nusiance until someone finds a way to dis-arm it. Batteries are always going to go low and lose communication. Factory tire p.s.i. on my 06 is 30 p.s.i.for the four on the ground and 35 for the spare. So i guess my computer think's anything 8-10 p.s.i. above or below this is just plain wrong.
I got the Low Tire insigna and light off now I am still working on the Service TPM light. I got it out once yesterday but it reappeared. I will go home after wrk today and go through the routine again. But this time I will drive the vehicle before 5 min. is up. I guess to satisfy my wife I mean the Whining Driver Information Center.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rogeroleo
Bringing this thread back is a good thing. When the "SERVICE TPM" light gets in my wifes face it puts her in my face. The gotta know it all husband has let her down again when this happens. You know what I'm talking about. " I thought you said you got that error code off my dash, "I did" WeLLLLL!!!! its back on AGAIN!. The way I look at it this light is going to be a nusiance until someone finds a way to dis-arm it. Batteries are always going to go low and lose communication. Factory tire p.s.i. on my 06 is 30 p.s.i.for the four on the ground and 35 for the spare. So i guess my computer think's anything 8-10 p.s.i. above or below this is just plain wrong.
I got the Low Tire insigna and light off now I am still working on the Service TPM light. I got it out once yesterday but it reappeared. I will go home after wrk today and go through the routine again. But this time I will drive the vehicle before 5 min. is up. I guess to satisfy my wife I mean the Whining Driver Information Center.
Welcome.
Old threads are best read, not posted in. There are about a bazillion threads on how to avoid trouble with the TPMS. Search them out.

Service TPM and LOW TIRE are unrelated. All the reprogramming in the world will not remove the Service TPM. That can come from a bunch of different problems, including dead TPM batteries, bad TPM, BCM glitch, TCCM failure...etc.

Forget about reprogramming, instead put exactly 38PSI cold in the tires. 30 is too low. The system works by minimum level and detects differences between the monitored tires (the spare is not monitored as the system can only keep track of 4 tires). If one tire gets out of whack with the other 3, even if not too low, you get the Tire warning.

"Cold" means in the morning before the truck has been driven, or after the truck has not moved 4+ hours.

Good luck.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:13 AM

Sorry about reviving this Doc but none of the threads show links to options for buying the part. I was hoping folks would share their finds on where to get the most affordable sensor.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:09 AM

I just bought 4 OEM's on Ebay for $35.00 each.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:02 PM

I researched this a bunch last fall for a new set of rims for my snows and Ebay was consistently the best...several sellers at $26 ea for the same ones my mechanic sells for $54/ea...and I got lucky as my digging found me a set of 4, new in the boxes for $50!

Old 12-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Default following manual does not work, HELP!

I set parking brake, turned ignition to "ON" with engine off, and turned the exterior lamp switch from AUTO to ON four times within three seconds.

I tried the above about 20 times but the horn does not chirp and the TPMS low tire warning light does not flash,

It's a 2006 H3.

Any other methods or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NiagaraRealtor
I set parking brake, turned ignition to "ON" with engine off, and turned the exterior lamp switch from AUTO to ON four times within three seconds.

I tried the above about 20 times but the horn does not chirp and the TPMS low tire warning light does not flash,

It's a 2006 H3.

Any other methods or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
One suggestion would be to stop posting in OLD threads and ask a brand new question after searching for your answer.

Let's beat the dead horse...... set all 4 monitored tires (assuming those are the 4 on the ground) to 38 PSI cold. Then drive the truck for at least 5-10 miles.

If your light stays on, consider that you have a 2006, the life expectancy of the factory TPMs battery is 10 years so you have one or more sensors that no longer send a signal. Hence, low tire warning. You could take it to a full service tire shop and they can scan the TPMS and check the status of your wheel sensors.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:50 PM

Just like doc stated. Set your air pressures and drive. If light is still on after driving, you have a dead sensor. Replace them ALL at next tire change, because in a 2006, they are all running out of time. GL

Old 04-25-2017, 05:46 PM

I've been in the automotive business for over 30 years, have access to tools, technician knowledge, All Data, etc.....I can't believe no one knows how to fix this system or what they had done at the dealership to have it fixed. I have changed all the sensors, done the reset procedures dozens of times, and can only get the little "tire" light on the dash to go out, by disconnecting the battery. And then, the light will come back on within one mile of driving, very frustrating. The system is fairly simple in the shop manual, the tpms sensors send information to the BCM and the BCM then sends info to the instrument pack if it detects a problem. There is no stand alone TPMS module. That's it according to the shop manual. There are procedures in the manual for determining if the BCM or the instrument pack needs replacing or programming, etc....But it is very strange that after all these years no one has posted anywhere what was done to fix their particular vehicle. At least no one that had to go further than replacing sensors or doing the simple reset procedures. I'm going to take it into the GM dealer next week and see if they can fix it. I will post here what they find. Maybe it will help others. I'm guessing it will be a new BCM, but I guess no one knows.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by bosscar
..But it is very strange that after all these years no one has posted anywhere what was done to fix their particular vehicle.
Alright, I'll bite. 2008 H3. The problem: Start engine, TPMS light blinks for about a minute or two then goes on steady. Get 'SERV TPM' message on DIC. This is an indication that a sensor(s) is not being received or other malfunction not related to tire pressure issues. Did the TPMS re-learn successfully using the frequency exciter tool. If summertime, this problem would not show up again. Get below about 40 degrees and it would show up again within 20 minutes (correct as this is described in the FSM). My DX was weak battery in TPMS sensor that got cranky when cold.

Seeing that the H3 doesn't identify the troublesome sensor on the DIC, I got out my scan tool and it showed the right front sensor is faulty - IIRC the code was C0755. Ordered a ACDelco 20927604 from Amazon for $40. Just to verify I received a compatible/working sensor I performed the re-learn procedure again but when re-learning the right front, I used the freq exciter on the new sensor I was holding in my hand - got the horn chirp on that one and the next two and the re-learn was done. Then took the car to Discount Tire with the new sensor (got a low tire warning of course on the way). Discount Tire installed the new sensor for $23 and I was on my way. Within 10 minutes the low tire warning went away and it has been perfect to this day, including through the winter. A bit of an unorthodox procedure, but it worked.

Last edited by cucumber1949; 04-25-2017 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Reset Tire Pressure Monitor?