PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reset Check engine light in H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Have you cleaned the MAF or throttle body? I'd say you are overdue for those, and probably not where you need plugs yet.

When you have the intake removed for the plug change, might as well do those. Use MAF cleaner for the MAF sensor and follow the spray it off and do not touch the sensor itself instructions on the can. Get some Throttle Body cleaner to clean the TB.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 PM

WTF! WOW, a whole lot of "newbees with attitudes" this week!

Bob, where did you get anything about what YOU do for a living. He WAS talking about plugs on an I5. RIGHT on top of the engine. Rocket Science it it NOT!(quoting Yoda)

Bob: Take the frickin' advice and explination and say THANK YOU! Mommy and Daddy tought you no manners?

Old 04-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Thumbs up Can't we all just get along?

Originally Posted by TAINTER
WTF! WOW, a whole lot of "newbees with attitudes" this week!

Bob, where did you get anything about what YOU do for a living. He WAS talking about plugs on an I5. RIGHT on top of the engine. Rocket Science it it NOT!(quoting Yoda)

Bob: Take the frickin' advice and explination and say THANK YOU! Mommy and Daddy tought you no manners?
Tainter my new H3 buddy along with Doc (I hope), it's just that I'm too old and crotchity to accept condescending comments without at least pointing that out. I hold no grudge and hope none is held against me, I'm not always the most diplomatic either so anything except an insult against my Mother (let's not bring her up anymore), Wifey or Reagan is minor.

I changed the plugs but that didn't eliminate the loping at idle so the MAF & throttle body cleaning is next. So we're all H3 buddies now, right?

Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Default Check engine ligkt hr

On my car died off alone, I understood that it was a noxious problem

Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 AM

I am just doing a search on how to fix my light on my dash and came to here.

This is the light I have, it came on a little while ago (may be 1500km ago), but has once gone out for a few days and then came back on. I checked the engine bay but have come up with nothing that looked out of place.

Just wondering if this is the light people are talking about?? How do I fix it??? I am about 700km away from an authorised dealer, so that is not an option. Hummer is running fine and has not missed a beat, so not sure what the issue is.

Seems like a bit of a BS thing to me, hope this will not keep happening as the car gets older, or I will just rip the light bulb out.

Name:  IMG_2739_zpsb5477da2.jpg
Views: 11539
Size:  80.1 KB

Old 09-20-2012, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie H3

This is the light I have, it came on a little while ago (may be 1500km ago), but has once gone out for a few days and then came back on. I checked the engine bay but have come up with nothing that looked out of place.

Just wondering if this is the light people are talking about?? How do I fix it??? I am about 700km away from an authorised dealer, so that is not an option. Hummer is running fine and has not missed a beat, so not sure what the issue is.

Seems like a bit of a BS thing to me, hope this will not keep happening as the car gets older, or I will just rip the light bulb out.

Any auto repair shop with an OBD 2 reader can read the code and tell you what is causing the check engine light to illuminate. In the US, most auto parts stores will do that for you also. OBD 2 is pretty much the universal standard so there should be plenty around. Good Luck.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:49 AM

Ok, thanks, I am only 100km from a mechanical workshop, so I should be able to get them to have a look at it next time I head into town for some shopping, will the OBD 2 tell me the actual problem or will it just give a fault code that then needs to be translated??

Thanks

Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 AM

Ok, thanks, I am only 100km from a mechanical workshop, so I should be able to get them to have a look at it next time I head into town for some shopping, will the OBD 2 tell me the actual problem or will it just give a fault code that then needs to be translated??

Thanks
Dependent upon the reader. Some will just give numbers and others will text of the code. An internet search can easily translate the code if just a number is given.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 AM

Cool thanks!!

Lets hope it's nothing expensive or complicated

Old 09-21-2012, 01:11 PM

lol i thought this was a joke when i first read it lol. could be something minor like a bad oxygen sensor or a loose gas cap. in my experience pulling the ECM fuse will clear the check engine light. If it comes on again get it scanned.

Quick Reply: Reset Check engine light in H3