PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

remove center console

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Default remove center console

Does anyone know how to remove the center console in an 05' or 06' H2? Any replies would be really appreciated. Thanks guys!

Old 10-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Default RE: remove center console

Just wondering...why are you removing the console?

Old 10-26-2006, 01:47 PM

between the seats, or from the dash? you have to remove the center piece between the seats to take off the center dash for accessing the stereo, onstar, climate controls.

remove the lid from the center console. loosen the torx head bolt holding the shifter handle on, it's in the front, facing the dash, and pull off the shifter handle. pull up the facia around the shifter/cup holders - make sure the clips don't fall down into the cavity, they're a bitch to dig out. remove the bolts/screws under the facia and the console bucket (not sure how many there are). there are 2 screws in the little cavity under the rear radio/climate control, you'll need to remove those as well. once you have everything loose, you can lift the center piece and slide it backwards.

to remove the dash part, remove the 2 screws on top, on either side of the A/C vents. then pull the console straight back. disconnect the cables for the cig lighter and auxiliary power jacks and it will come right out.

be careful putting it back together, the a/c vents on the rear have a tendency to not line up as easily as those on the dash. good luck, hope this helps.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:34 PM

I am upgrading my stereo, so i needed to get at the dash part of the console. Don't know if i have a torx screwdriver. will look around thanks for the tips. Any other advice is sure to helps. Thanks guys!!

Old 10-26-2006, 04:15 PM

After reading Shortbus' post I think I am liking my stock stereo better and better!

Old 10-26-2006, 04:46 PM

for the torx, it's best if you have one of the bits that goes into a drill-driver holder. it's a tight fit, so you'll want something short, or with a 90 degree bend.

it's really not that difficult, once you get the cupholder and console bucket out, you can see the screws and bolts that need to be removed. it's the ones in the cavity at the back of the console that are a pain, but only if you don't know they're there. i've had mine apart a few times, pretty basic, easy stuff.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:25 PM

It's a PAIN IN THE ***!!!

Pay for someone to do it!!!

Old 10-26-2006, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

It's a PAIN IN THE ***!!!

Pay for someone to do it!!!
Bob you are alright!!

Old 10-26-2006, 06:58 PM