PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Replacing side marker bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Default RE: Replacing side marker bulbs

Those are it exactly. My wheels are made by Mr. Cepek at GT, Inc. It is an entire wheel. Each wheel then has a trim ring to give it the simulated beadlock look. The rings are held on by 6 long stainless steel bolts. The remainder of the bolts are shorter and don't extend pass the trim rings. He does various powder coating colors, e.g., maybe you have a red ride and want the wheels black and the trim rings red.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:09 AM

Whats bulb size? my side marker light is dead !! i need to change bulb!

Old 01-24-2009, 09:03 AM

I just wanted to let you guys know I found an easier way to remove the side marker lights. You can do this with just two screwdrivers. One large one, and a smaller one to push the clips in. Just take some thick cardboard and fold over in half, place this on the fender part of the car, then with the screwdriver resting against the cardbard pry the lens away from the fender, push the cardboard between the fender and light. With the other screwdriver reach in and you can see the plastic clip, simply push and it will pop out of the fender.

I have done this a few times and it works, no scratches to the fender but obviously if you don't feel comfortable, dont' do it. Honestly I can pull these lights out this way in about2 mintues each side rather than removing the wheel, or pulling out the inside fender.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Oni

whatever you do dont take it to the dealership. they wanted to charge me $50 diagnostic fee to make sure it wasnt just my bulb out. gtfo. i went to advance auto. $6 for the bulbs and $1 for the bulb lube or ky whatever it was and the nerdy kid behind the counter installed them for free

Old 01-25-2009, 09:55 AM

Oni could you provide me with bulb size !!! i am in serbia and here they dnt have idea about hummer and my closest dealer and only is 200km and they are rip off!!! my regular service costed my 1200eur

Old 02-15-2016, 11:01 AM
Exclamation Please elaborate...

Greg could you expond on this...
Originally Posted by gregaac
I just wanted to let you guys know I found an easier way to remove the side marker lights. You can do this with just two screwdrivers. One large one, and a smaller one to push the clips in. Just take some thick cardboard and fold over in half, place this on the fender part of the car, then with the screwdriver resting against the cardbard pry the lens away from the fender, push the cardboard between the fender and light. With the other screwdriver reach in and you can see the plastic clip, simply push and it will pop out of the fender.

I have done this a few times and it works, no scratches to the fender but obviously if you don't feel comfortable, dont' do it. Honestly I can pull these lights out this way in about2 mintues each side rather than removing the wheel, or pulling out the inside fender.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wpage
Greg could you expond on this...
Might want to LOOK at the age of the thread (like this one ... 7 YEARS OLD) before you dig up OLD as dirt topics to ask a question of a guy that last posted here 3 years ago?? Just a thought.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:40 PM

plastic breaks easier in cold weather careful or heat it