PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which replacement speakers to get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 07:20 PM

Well guys I've got some good news and some bad news.

So the door chime all the sudden started working, as well as the drivers front door speaker! So does this mean that there is a short or a bad fuse somewhere?

I drove home from work, went in and changed clothes. Then got in the Hummer, turned the key and bam the door chime worked. Then I crossed my fingers in the hope that the door speaker would work as well and sure enough it did.

I'm still gonna replace all four door speakers, but does anyone have any idea on what could cause this? I've had this H3 for 6 days now and all the sudden the door chime works and the speaker started working...

Old 05-02-2014, 08:47 PM

I'm with you Hunter. Picked up my 'new to me' '06, H3.....no radio, no sound. The lights are on in the head unit but NO sound! It's the Monsoon unit and I'm anxious to hear it.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by hunter8793
Well guys I've got some good news and some bad news.

So the door chime all the sudden started working, as well as the drivers front door speaker! So does this mean that there is a short or a bad fuse somewhere?

I drove home from work, went in and changed clothes. Then got in the Hummer, turned the key and bam the door chime worked. Then I crossed my fingers in the hope that the door speaker would work as well and sure enough it did.

I'm still gonna replace all four door speakers, but does anyone have any idea on what could cause this? I've had this H3 for 6 days now and all the sudden the door chime works and the speaker started working...
You have a bad voice coil, just replace the darn speakers!

Old 05-03-2014, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by 4Scargo
I'm with you Hunter. Picked up my 'new to me' '06, H3.....no radio, no sound. The lights are on in the head unit but NO sound! It's the Monsoon unit and I'm anxious to hear it.
Hmmm. Mine works, just some speakers are questionable..

If I was you I would go ahead and order all new door speakers and maybe look into a double din dvd player with bluetooth if you want to get a new radio. The oem radios cost about as much as one of those. So it looks like an in dash navigation system but it just doesn't have gps and costs a lot less.

part number for front monsoon speakers: 25775451

Old 05-03-2014, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
From researching the H3 radios years back (and I cannot remember chit) if I am correct, the Base single CD player has a built if amp with speaker outs (20-30W??) the 6 disc changer and Nav unit have external amps and pre-amp outs (like 2Ws) so they are not interchangeable without adding an amp.

The "premium enhanced" speakers.... not so much. I do not recall what the amp outputs are for the Monsoon, but it is not far off from the base unit. Be my guest and search that out and report back.
So if the premium speakers and base speakers are pretty close, is it a safe bet to go with the db sensitivity and RMS ratings you posted earlier?

Ben

Old 05-05-2014, 11:56 PM

Hey man, congrats on the H3!

I'm not sure, but check the fuses...

If none of your speakers work then the previous owner(s) must have used worn them out real good, or something else is wrong.

If in doubt.. replace all the speakers... they are 8 years old...

Old 05-10-2014, 08:28 PM

Thanks Hunter, did a little thinking and replaced the 'AMP' (no. 37?) fuse....good to go. I have an aftermarket touch screen in my Explorer with new speakers. I'm going to get new 6 1/2 inchers for the Hummer's doors. Not an audiophile but midrange is so much better with after markets. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:26 PM

Thanks Hunter, did a little thinking and replaced the 'AMP' (no. 37?) fuse....good to go. I have an aftermarket touch screen in my Explorer with new speakers. I'm going to get new 6 1/2 inchers for the Hummer's doors. Not an audiophile but midrange is so much better with after markets. BIG DIFFERENCE.
Good to hear! Nice! I'm gonna get all of my speakers installed this coming Thursday. But I also have to tackle this whole sunroof drain tubes thing.. I'm pretty certain that there is mold under my rear carpet from all the water...

I had some aftermarket door speakers in my previous car and the bass was minimal in comparison to the factory door speakers in H3s. I'm no audiophile either... but I do like the booming bass that the factory speakers provide.