PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Replacement inserts for TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Default Replacement inserts for TPMS

Hello again,
Time once more for another set of tires. We one of those TPMS been giving us fits since we put the spare on the ground a couple years ago. (Yes we've followed the book on reset and followed the slightly different suggested reset procedure found here, no go.) We found some new rubber we like. Shop said they could test the TPM's before installing the new rubber and replace any bad TPMS. Wondering . . . Intermotor makes replacement inserts for the H3 TPMS. Said made to fit '07 H3's. Near as I can tell the RF is the same, you just reuse the plastic molding conforms to the inside of the rim. They are very reasonable, less than $10 each compared to OE $40-$50 at best each. Would be worth just changing them all out. But my question is . . .has anyone else tried these? Had any success? I wish we could still be trusted to monitor our own tire pressure rather than relying on a computer, but if wishes were horses . . . well then we wouldn't have TPMS issues with a horse, nor nice seats, radio, heat etc.! Anyway reasonable only works if the part is a truly viable alternative. Anyone been this route sure would like to hear from you.