PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

REMOTE STARTER

Old 01-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Default REMOTE STARTER

Well i just called another place it two ways you can do it ripe out the factory system and put a new whole system in using one remote.for$800 or use the factory with two renotes but you need to make a spare key and they hook it up and hide it in the dash how dont know but this guy seem like he knows what he is talking about.HE BEEN AROUND FOR OVER 30 YEARS CARTUNES.COM

THE REMOTE STARTER IS WWW.ASTROFLEX.COM

think im going to wait

Old 01-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Default RE: REMOTE STARTER

Incorrect...

I finally got mine figured out and it is embarrassingly simple... I'm not sure where I first heard it but the problem with the DEI (or similar) type bypasses, everyone else uses on almost every other system, is that they use a rolling resistance... The H3 has no possibility of working with this setup because it requires both a constant and accurate resistance... What’s more, each one is different so the installer will simply have to measure your resistance as you fire the key... Once you know it, you can use the two relays and the proper resistance resistor (almost exactly what's in the bypass) in place of the bypass and it will work... We did mine yesterday and I have tested it over and over in every possible alignment...

The way you will know you have it right is when you can lock it with the factory remote and remote start it causing 1 beep of the horn... That is exactly what will happen if you trip the alarm while using the key to start it... (lock the door with the factory remote while the window is down and reach in to start it with the key while still locked)... This is the only setup that worked after 7 failed attempts... DEI will undoubtedly be putting it out soon or will defeat the rolling resistance problem it has with the H3's... I would guess it might be possible to use one of the key blocks you mentions too but they are designed for key that incorporate computer chips so it is just unnecessary...

Old 01-18-2006, 09:36 AM

I'M glad you got it to work it sounded like a nightmare for you i'm going to wait a little bit to see when i can get a system with one remote and no problems the car to new so evently they have somthing comming out.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:09 AM

Mine uses one remote and I no longer have any problems... Mike Curry at Curry Audio can do them and now Josh at Rayco and Shrewsbury MA can too... Curry always could because he never switched from the old way of doing them (2 relays and a resistor) to the new way (a single bypass)... Josh can because we worked long and hard to find the problem and did... DEI might make up a compatible bypass kit but I'd bet it will be later than sooner given that it only serves one model... Curry will charge around $355 and Rayco $400 but either can do it any time now... I use the viper remote only and keep the factory remote in the car for setting the alarm in problem areas... Not sure it they will ever wire a way to set the factory alarm through the viper remote but the word today is that it can not be done... I have the door locks and starter on the viper remote and it is works swimmingly (now)...