PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Remote keyless entry question

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 02:25 AM

well,well, there are separate relays for lock/unlock and the body control module gets involved. its messy. need to get a good look at the door wiring schematic. actually two unlock relays,one for driver,one for all the rest. they all lock together, but unlock separatly.

you can check transmit on the tester at autozone/probably any auto parts store.
ltr:
I cant find it but It seems like the bcm is where the actual remote signal goes first. but I think the problem is in the door logic module. needs resetting. maybe play with the connectors as has been discussed somewhere here. its unlikely both unlock relays went bad.

you really should confirm that the mote actually transmits on unlock.
I have a small frequency meter and it shows activity on lock/unlock. just tried!

Last edited by happythree; 01-18-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mini_Fan
Hey Hummerz,

Could i ask you last question around this topic:

Is it possible the remote to be fully OK but the problem to be in other thing:
I have all together 3 "parts" on the key - key, remote, and something that looks like a human ring with battery on top.
Not sure what is this device, but I just recall how one of my friends was playing with me he give me the remote - and told me try to open the car, i can't be he can because of that device that have to be close to the door, I will try to change the battery tomorrow and test it do you think that sounds reasonable?
Not sure what you have? Can you upload a pic of it? Did you try and clean your OE remote & install a new battery?

After you replace the battery you have to repeatedly hit lock and unlock until the remote starts working again.. GL

Old 01-18-2014, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Not sure what you have? Can you upload a pic of it? Did you try and clean your OE remote & install a new battery?

After you replace the battery you have to repeatedly hit lock and unlock until the remote starts working again.. GL
I've order the part that you shared just 30 minutes before your post :-)
Monday it will come and I will clean the small PCB and will reuse it with the new housing.

But could you advice me what is this defice on the picture (key remote contro and ??????)

Old 01-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Old 01-18-2014, 07:56 PM

Sorry for so many posts did not find a way to edit post. Could someone tell me what is the silver ring-ish thing on my keys? Looks like some kind of device? Never had similar.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:33 AM

a guess, this is only a guess, it looks e it could be, A PART of a key chain flashlight !, the battery end of it. it looks like 2 button batteries.
do they come out? if so, the rest is missing. toss it if this is so.

a guess.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mini_Fan
I've order the part that you shared just 30 minutes before your post :-)
Monday it will come and I will clean the small PCB and will reuse it with the new housing.

But could you advice me what is this defice on the picture (key remote contro and ??????)

Like -3 stated, looks like part of a keychain flashlight..

By the looks of your unlock button on the keyfob(worn), You definitely need new pad/case. GL