Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Remote and key will not unlock doors (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/remote-key-will-not-unlock-doors-34566/)

chansman 05-14-2013 07:54 PM

H3 key won't unlock door

Hey everyone! I just bought my wife a 2006 H3 today and we just found out the hard way that the key doesn't unlock the door. Neither of the keys will work. Any ideas? thx

bonzaiii 01-14-2015 07:24 PM

Remote and key will not unlock doors

I tried to unlock the doors with my remote and when nothing happened I tried my key and it did nothing also, I really need some help. It is my 2006 H3
Thanks

happythree 01-14-2015 11:10 PM

the key is just for the driver door, zero electronics in that area. it should open the driver .

bonzaiii 01-15-2015 07:43 AM

Thats what I thought but the key does not do a thing

bonzaiii 01-17-2015 08:50 PM

This is the craziest thing I have ever heard of, the battery goes dead and there is no way to get into you auto, and therefore no way to charge the battery, what a joke!!!

happythree 01-18-2015 10:05 AM

you need to see how to pop the hood, outside.

happythree 01-18-2015 12:42 PM

im still curious, youve been around a while. did the key ever work??
i need to wiggle mine a little, and just pull out on the handle.

did the remotes ever work? new batts?

Wax_London 01-18-2015 04:59 PM

Hi guys new to here and have stummbeled on to this thread, mine is an issue with a blower which is not fixable with the resistor change . But any way, try this

On the driver side door panel pop out the electric windows control ( where you have the lock/unlock, window switch etc) you can do this by taking a trim removal or hard plastic tool to prop up the section. Un plug the blue and white plugs from underneath the control unit(quite easy to do) once you have taken this apart use a hair dryer to heat the back of the unit until you hear a loud click, this will reset the relays. Try that and see if it works. It did for me,

Mine happened when my local garage (whi had never worked on a hummer before put the car on the ramp with out opening the boot and ended up putting the car in recovery mode. This then makes the car think it's being towed and not to accidentally lck the keys in the car it will prevent the central locking from working. Also in some cases your driver side power window will also not wrk. Try this and hopefully it will sort it. Good luck

Eric Mitchell 06-14-2018 09:25 PM

I have the same problem. How did you resolve it?

Eric Mitchell 06-14-2018 09:27 PM

I have same problem on my 2008. Luckily I'm not locked out, but the manual key will lock, but won't unlock the drivers door. If the battery ever dies in the key FOB I'll be locked out. Anyone solve this? I really don't won't a different key for ignition and door.