PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced speed/traction and engine light on

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Default Reduced speed/traction and engine light on

Hi my H3 started to slow right down on the highway today and I had to pull over. There was a message light stating "stab sys traction failed reduced speed.
I turned it off and then back on and now the engine light in on constant. This is the 2nd time this has happened. I brought it to the dealer 2 weeks ago for the same thing and all they did was "clear the error" and claimed that was all it needed. Well obviously somthing should have been fixed. Anyone experience this?? What really ticks me off is that they charged me labor for removing my aftermarket stereo because they said they could not reset the computer with it in.
I will be talking to the head manager Monday because I have also been dealing with a constant creaking noise that went away temporarily when they greased the bushings. Now that is back too. I am going to ask to have them replaced because this will be about the 5th visit for that. I am also asking for my $ back for removing my stereo because it is their issue under warranty....to bad that my stereo interferes...now that that light is on again I know that they pulled BS and just took the easy way out.

Last edited by JensH2; 08-01-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:51 PM

have them check your gas pedal sensor... there's a fancy name for it, but that's what was wrong with mine a ways back and we had similar error codes as well as frequency...
-Dan

Old 08-01-2009, 11:06 PM

I know that if you're driving an 08 or newer model, OnStar can force your vehicle to slow down and eventually stop (but that is for police purposes)... it wouldn't be related to a glitch with that would it? Probably not.. but thjat's weird

Old 08-02-2009, 06:41 AM

I had that happen in another GM vehicle. It turned out to be the steering sensor.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:59 PM

I have an 06 and that happened to mine and they replaced the accelerator pedal. it has happened again recently and this time they said it was because the battery charge was low which they said can make the computer do funky things? who knows...my warranty runs out this month I just hope they'll honor it if it happens again. they did say that on some select h3's they have to replace the ecu to fix the problem.