PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Stay AWAY From Trxus Super Swampers

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Default Stay AWAY From Trxus Super Swampers

I purchased some new 33x12.5-16 Trxus M/T tires and the local tire shop cant even balance them.. The tire shop also said the tires have as much as 6oz of weight patched into the tires on the inside and they rarely ever see that much weight patched into a new tire.. So I contacted Summit Racing, who I purchased them from and before I even told him what tire, HE ALREADY KNEW and said they were having issues with these tires.. By the way, my 2009 Hummer only has 11,000 miles on it and drove as smooth as glass, and the wheels have very little weight on them.. Summit then offered to send me replacements but said they will probably have the same patched weights and probably do the same thing, since it seems to be a common problem anyways.. So they told me to send the tires back for a refund.. I said who is going to pay the tire shop to mount the original tires back on again? We'll sir, it states on your receipt we don't cover any of that, even if the tires are bad.. So in the end, I have wasted 3 trips to the tire shop, which is over 20 miles away and now I have to pay to have the original tires put back on again and balanced.. NEVER again will I deal with any tire that "Interco" makes, which includes Trxus tires..

Obviously Summit knows they are having issues with these tires and I couldn't believe they wouldn't offer me SOMETHING to make up for my loss, and since I spent a ton of money there.. I even ask what other tire could they replace them with and he said they wouldn't even recommend any M/T tire.. Can you believe that? I have Goodyear MTR's on my 1/2 ton pickup and they never had balancing issues.. These TRXUS tires are even advertised as saying "answer to the need of those who want a smooth, super quiet ride"... Yeah Right!!

By the way, Interco Tire Company has an automated answering service with NO options to actually talk to a live person so getting any immediate tech support person is impossible..

Old 08-01-2011, 01:21 PM

man that sucks but good to know.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:51 PM

First, sorry about your issues...that sucks. One thing that you should know about Interco, the tires are heavy. The MT's come with the weight patched on the inside because they are the 33" are around 70lbs a piece. Trxus MT's are a decent off-road tire, but not so much for a daily drive. I know a few people who have had the sidewalls blow out at highway speeds, and many have claimed that they are only an off road tire, regardless of what Interco claims...so maybe it's a good thing you're sending them back, but I would not blame Interco for Summit's lack of customer service. I have never had a problem with Interco...Have you contacted Interco? They might have a better solution for you. Just know that pretty much ALL Interco tires are not the best for the road.

I have Boggers on my Dodge (not a DD) which could not be balanced either, not with just weights anyway. My tire shop put 6-7 golf ***** in each tire to get it balanced. But it's awesome to hear the golf ***** bang around when I am coming to a stop. The truck will vibrate you out of it though.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by airborne227
First, sorry about your issues...that sucks. One thing that you should know about Interco, the tires are heavy. The MT's come with the weight patched on the inside because they are the 33" are around 70lbs a piece. Trxus MT's are a decent off-road tire, but not so much for a daily drive. I know a few people who have had the sidewalls blow out at highway speeds, and many have claimed that they are only an off road tire, regardless of what Interco claims...so maybe it's a good thing you're sending them back, but I would not blame Interco for Summit's lack of customer service. I have never had a problem with Interco...Have you contacted Interco? They might have a better solution for you. Just know that pretty much ALL Interco tires are not the best for the road.

I have Boggers on my Dodge (not a DD) which could not be balanced either, not with just weights anyway. My tire shop put 6-7 golf ***** in each tire to get it balanced. But it's awesome to hear the golf ***** bang around when I am coming to a stop. The truck will vibrate you out of it though.
Yeah, I contacted Interco but they told me all issues have to be handled through Summit.. Interco's advertising for these tires is exaclty the opposite of what your saying too.. They say they are a super smooth/quite ride with and extra thick sidewall and thats what I was after and I really like the looks of them too.. I spent countless hour researching and after 3 months, finally pulled the trigger at $300 each.

I actually got more support from the local tire shop that mounted the tire.. They felt bad and offered me the BFG's TKO's in the same size, at a reduced price and even threw in free mounting/balancing.. Its ashamed because I realy liked the looks of the Super Swampers but just cant handle the vibration I'm getting on the road.. My son is a long distance cross county runner and I looked in the back seat and seen the muscle on his calves bouncing around, lol.. Yeah, it was that bad.

Last edited by CodyB; 08-01-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:26 PM

THANK YOU for posting & sorry to hear about your misfortune. I am about to purchase tires and these were one of my choices. Looks like I need to pick between the Mickey Thompson and Dick Cepek's now. I think I'm going to go with the ATZ, 85% sure.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:28 PM

This is the site that I usually use for researching. Looks like a few people had sidewall blowouts

Old 08-01-2011, 04:57 PM

I think from here on out I will purchase all my tires locally because the losses are to substantial if you end up with an issue.. If you buy them locally through the shop that mounts them, they will sometimes even throw in free mounting AND take care of any issues you have during the duration of the warranty..

Old 08-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by CodyB
I think from here on out I will purchase all my tires locally because the losses are to substantial if you end up with an issue.. If you buy them locally through the shop that mounts them, they will sometimes even throw in free mounting AND take care of any issues you have during the duration of the warranty..
Yeah I had the same thoughts. I called a local tire shop today, "DUNN TIRE" and it turns out I can get the Mickey Thompsons I wanted installed with lifetime rotations, balancing and free disposal of my old tires for a extra $65 over the cost of what I can find them online (shipped) for.

So the month long hunt for tires has ended as I had them order them and they will be installed thursday.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
Yeah I had the same thoughts. I called a local tire shop today, "DUNN TIRE" and it turns out I can get the Mickey Thompsons I wanted installed with lifetime rotations, balancing and free disposal of my old tires for a extra $65 over the cost of what I can find them online (shipped) for.

So the month long hunt for tires has ended as I had them order them and they will be installed thursday.
Congrats!

Old 08-01-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by airborne227
Congrats!
Thanks!! It was a tough decision and ended up staying with the stock rims for now. I couldn't decide on a aftermarket rim so I said screw it. Hopefully the MT's will look good on stock rims.

Quick Reply: Stay AWAY From Trxus Super Swampers