PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Rear door interior molding...help please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Default Rear door interior molding...help please.

Hello all. I need some assistance in locating a parts dealer who might specialize in parting out wrecked H3's. If no such person exists I guess I'll just have tolocate thepart # and pay the bigbucks thru GM.

What happened was I removed my wife’s back panel so I couldrun some wires.Easy as can be. The bottom panel (tire jack door is) popped right off then the gray upper panel (where the third tail light is) popped off just as easy.That was 6 or so months ago.
Well I ended up needing to do the same thing in my H3. I needed to get access behind that panel so I could run UC (undercover) Light wiring. You see I am an engineer with a large contractor and also a part-time police officer as well. My state agency encourages our officers to mount UC lights and a radioin our personal vehicles. This is done for several reasons and with the type of work I do it comes in handy.
Anyways my panel didn’t pop off as easy as her's did. The (thin & cheap) plastic tabs across the top that have metal clips on them broke rather then release. Opps. So I am in need of a replacement. I prefer a used one of course but if I must go new I will. I looked online but can’t find any sites, GM or otherwise that show this part with a price or part number.

Any help or advice on how to get my hands on a replacement will be greatly appreciated. If only the plastic tabs weren’t so thin. Thanks everyone, Steve

email: svaillan2@yahoo.com

Old 05-10-2007, 03:24 AM
Default RE: Rear door interior molding...help please.

I'm not sure of WHAT piece your talking about.....but I bought ALOT of stuff from these guys, usually 70% cheaper than my dealer and GREAT to deal with:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...mp;catalogid=2

Old 05-10-2007, 03:25 AM

BTW, get rid of your E-MAIL, we get ALOT of SPAMMER BASTARDS here!!!

Old 05-10-2007, 03:08 PM

Greetings
There is somebody on E-bay selling parts fromsalvagedH3's right now. Type in Hummer H3 under parts and accesories.He is selling the trans and engine parts,I would get ahold of him and see if they would sell interior parts.Its worth a try .