Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Pushing E fan and transmission oil cooler (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/pushing-e-fan-transmission-oil-cooler-47027/)

ojh32008 06-13-2023 04:08 PM

Pushing E fan and transmission oil cooler

Hello Hummer enthusiast

The summer the hot weather in my hometown
Im facing some humming sound since the temperature 115 f.

so im thinking to add additional electric fan infront of my car.
i found this fan, is it enough size and do you think that it will deliver the required to drop the temp

also my transmission i feel some weakness due to high mileage 150 k.
i heard some positive feedback to add a cooler
like this product

Tru Cool 40K Transmission Cooler Transmission Oil Cooler GVW Max 40,000

I need your valuable comments for this

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hum...d4e373c5f2.png
Found this e fan installed in youtube

Happy Hummer 06-14-2023 07:39 AM

I seldom see 115 degree weather in Wisconsin (usa). We do however see -16 degrees.
I'm currently running in stand alone configuration:

B&M 70264 SuperCooler Automatic Transmission Cooler

• Rigid stacked-plate design is resistant to damage, and much better at cooling than ordinary 'fin and tube' coolers
  • Constructed from black finished lightweight aluminum alloy for maximum corrosion resistance
  • 11" x 5-3/4" x 1-1/2" model is rated at 14,400 BTU, and pressure tested to 200 PSI.Inlet Size: 3/8 inch nipple fitting
  • Stacked plate coolers offer a step higher when it comes to cooling efficiency. The stacked plate cooler works almost like the plate and fin cooler. The main difference between the two transmission coolers is the amount of airflow involved.

The stacked plate cooler has a design that allows easy circulation of air around the plates. This way, more heat is dispersed faster. This cooler is the top choice for racing, off-roading and towing vehicles. Some stacked plate coolers have integrated fans to increase the airflow and cater to especially high cooling demands for such vehicles.

They use a non-threaded AN fitting to make installation and removal into the vehicle easy. This cooler will not work efficiently when mounted between the condenser and radiator. It causes the cooler to be inefficient. Mounting it in front of the cooler, however, will cause more efficiency and airflow.
Been running this since 2014. A small fan can be attached.

Eurynomestolas 06-14-2023 08:50 PM

this is the fan i added ebay electric fan and i added this trans cooler both were not that hard to install. if you have the money pcmofNC has a kit with dual fans.

Doc Olds 06-15-2023 09:15 AM

The down side with Pusher Fans is they are out front of the Radiator and when not on, or when on if not sufficient cfm flow, they can impede airflow to the radiator leaving the only net gain to be delivered at low speed or idle. Take that into consideration.

hummerz 06-15-2023 06:44 PM

+Pusher fans sends more debris to the condenser/radiator, blocking the fins. https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hum...c855e3533c.gif

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hum...8fde97723f.gif

ojh32008 06-16-2023 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds (Post 401259)
The down side with Pusher Fans is they are out front of the Radiator and when not on, or when on if not sufficient cfm flow, they can impede airflow to the radiator leaving the only net gain to be delivered at low speed or idle. Take that into consideration.

how much is sufficient CFM? im trying to figure it out
and does the thermostat relay enough for electrical protection ?

ojh32008 06-16-2023 08:26 PM

here it is like living in madmax, often dusty during summer>>
also i just wash it using pressure washer and the engine as well
the radiator fins was super dirty >>so i will make it every quarter to clean them as a PM.

ojh32008 06-16-2023 08:32 PM

it looks great but im living is saudi arabia the shipment price will be higher than the parts itself:eek:

ojh32008 06-16-2023 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer (Post 401232)
I seldom see 115 degree weather in Wisconsin (usa). We do however see -16 degrees.
I'm currently running in stand alone configuration:

B&M 70264 SuperCooler Automatic Transmission Cooler

• Rigid stacked-plate design is resistant to damage, and much better at cooling than ordinary 'fin and tube' coolers
  • Constructed from black finished lightweight aluminum alloy for maximum corrosion resistance
  • 11" x 5-3/4" x 1-1/2" model is rated at 14,400 BTU, and pressure tested to 200 PSI.Inlet Size: 3/8 inch nipple fitting
  • Stacked plate coolers offer a step higher when it comes to cooling efficiency. The stacked plate cooler works almost like the plate and fin cooler. The main difference between the two transmission coolers is the amount of airflow involved.

The stacked plate cooler has a design that allows easy circulation of air around the plates. This way, more heat is dispersed faster. This cooler is the top choice for racing, off-roading and towing vehicles. Some stacked plate coolers have integrated fans to increase the airflow and cater to especially high cooling demands for such vehicles.

They use a non-threaded AN fitting to make installation and removal into the vehicle easy. This cooler will not work efficiently when mounted between the condenser and radiator. It causes the cooler to be inefficient. Mounting it in front of the cooler, however, will cause more efficiency and airflow.
Been running this since 2014. A small fan can be attached.

thanks for your feedback, but doesn't impact it during cold weather. like to reduce the fluid temp below the minimum level.

Disel 06-20-2023 11:29 AM

Put an additional radiator on the automatic transmission, move the thermostat up (185-189 F), set the electric fan. Only then will the cooling system work normally.