PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Problems... So many Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Exclamation Problems... So many Problems

So I have a 2006 H3.
This was a rough winter and because of that, my truck has had a lot of problems.
It all started with the battery. My truck completely died. So I got the battery replaced.
Then a month later, my fuel pump broke. I got that replaced.
Then two days later, I realized that my security system had been triggered because my battery died. So I got the security system reset...

Well yesterday, my truck battery died again. Before it drained on me the following happened:
All the warning lights kicked on. The dash said brakes, abs and fault... and then the stupid truck died on me.
I tried to jump it and the battery isn't getting enough juice to start the engine.

So does anyone have any ideas?!?

Old 04-17-2014, 05:10 PM

Now, this is just an idea, but try and check the wiring harness under the hood for a proper ground.
1. Around the opposite end of the ground wire from the battery.
2. Around the area where the loom goes into the fuse block under the hood.
I hope it helps, I have little experience with the H3 platform, but a good amount of experience with G.M.
I'm no technician, but have seen a similar issue before on my Grand Prix, it was all due to the heads up wire grounding and eventually breaking at the bottom entry point of the underhood fuse block.
It took months to trace it down because it would only happen in cold or wet weather. It thoroughly burned me out on electronics for a while.
Hope it leads you in the right direction.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:33 PM

changing batt connectors has been discussed endlessly here . search , choose your weapon, get new conn.

normal drain is about 110 ma. 1/10 amp after about 1 minute. connect a ma meter in one batt cable,

Last edited by happythree; 04-18-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by samijane
So I have a 2006 H3.
This was a rough winter and because of that, my truck has had a lot of problems.
It all started with the battery. My truck completely died. So I got the battery replaced.
Then a month later, my fuel pump broke. I got that replaced.
Then two days later, I realized that my security system had been triggered because my battery died. So I got the security system reset...

Well yesterday, my truck battery died again. Before it drained on me the following happened:
All the warning lights kicked on. The dash said brakes, abs and fault... and then the stupid truck died on me.
I tried to jump it and the battery isn't getting enough juice to start the engine.

So does anyone have any ideas?!?
"Fuel pump broke". I have an idea: find a new mechanic. GL

Old 04-17-2014, 06:49 PM

Did you have the alternator checked?

Old 04-17-2014, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
"Fuel pump broke". I have an idea: find a new mechanic. GL
I apologize. I'm not an expert... I had the fuel pump replaced... and it was needed. I had multiple mechanics check it out.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 PM

I'm having it checked out right now. Thats the only thing I can think of that would drain the battery that much. The truck started just fine 5 days ago... But when I went to start it when I came home (I was gone for 5 days) this happened...

Old 04-17-2014, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by samijane
I'm having it checked out right now. Thats the only thing I can think of that would drain the battery that much. The truck started just fine 5 days ago... But when I went to start it when I came home (I was gone for 5 days) this happened...

Please don't forget to post the end result!

Old 04-17-2014, 09:47 PM

Explain "security system"? Aftermarket system? If so, $20 says that is what is your battery drain.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Explain "security system"? Aftermarket system? If so, $20 says that is what is your battery drain.
No it's the factory system

Quick Reply: Problems... So many Problems