PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

PROBLEMS WITH H3

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Default RE: PROBLEMS WITH H3

ORIGINAL: shortbus

my windshield is cracked, wonder if i'll get any help from the dealer . . .[sm=bicker.gif]
Maybe..if it's a JEEP dealer, cuz they'd be proud just to have a Hm'r on the lot[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 02-15-2006, 11:25 AM

then they could take pics of my bent tie rods ! [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 02-26-2006, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: BabyH

The crack is on the plastic part..as you follow the plastic molding from the front of the roof to the back as it dips down its right on the bottom part of the dip. Hard to explain the area but directly above the window on the plastic which is kind of indented. Not sure if that helps.
..Maybe this will help explain where the suspect crack may appear...My dealer also said that GM is working on a fix..Known problem, so be patient!

And here is the infamous crack today..It cracked after 3 weeks of ownership...

I check mine last week and did not have the cracks so i tought i was lucky i just wash the truck and looked again both side cracked[:@]

Old 03-08-2006, 02:03 PM

Got another one....
Wife is in the H3 yesterday. She trys to start it after being parked at a local shopping center, but the engine will not turn over. The starter turned at full power but the engine would not turn over. No dead key, slow crank that would be a sign of low charge or bad battery. She attempted to start it approx. 6 times with no luck. It finally started after sitting for 10-15 minutes. The problem has not reoccured since. Any ideas??

Old 03-08-2006, 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: G Man

Got another one....
Wife is in the H3 yesterday. She trys to start it after being parked at a local shopping center, but the engine will not turn over. The starter turned at full power but the engine would not turn over. No dead key, slow crank that would be a sign of low charge or bad battery. She attempted to start it approx. 6 times with no luck. It finally started after sitting for 10-15 minutes. The problem has not reoccured since. Any ideas??
Are you saying the starter motor spun, but wouldn't engage the flyweel?

Old 03-09-2006, 11:37 AM

Got another one....
The starter and flywheel were turning, just as in a normal starting process. The engine would not fire, as if the fuel pump was disconnected.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:54 AM

Got another one....
The starter and flywheel were turning, just as in a normal starting process. The engine would not fire, as if the fuel pump was disconnected.
Ok, now I see...It probably is a crank angle or position sensor..common problem in a lot of cars.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:06 PM

Hey I thought I might add to my list of troubles Last week I start my car and get a message "Traction Failed.....Stability System Failed....Service 4X Drive" hehe already they worked on it and said it was fixed. It only happened once and it was ongoing as I was driving, after I shut it off at the store, when I got back in it, message was gone. I also found the moldings between the front and back doors, both sides..... after I guess they worked on the sunroof, all bent and installed crooked..... all of moves around like there is no tomorrow, not to mention all the rattle when music is on..... I mean these @#$# guys I swear to world are complete idiots and are incompetent to leave work like this after I we went through all the crap..... The car has already been in shop 11 days since I bought it 4 months ago, and its ready to go back in to replace the sunroof one more time any time, plus body scratches, etc, I bet another 5 days at least.
GM gave me answer to getting a new car an its a NO..... they told me they would send me info on how to take it up with BBB, hasn't arrived yet but its just been a week.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Raffi76

Hey I thought I might add to my list of troubles Last week I start my car and get a message "Traction Failed.....Stability System Failed....Service 4X Drive" hehe already they worked on it and said it was fixed. It only happened once and it was ongoing as I was driving, after I shut it off at the store, when I got back in it, message was gone. I also found the moldings between the front and back doors, both sides..... after I guess they worked on the sunroof, all bent and installed crooked..... all of moves around like there is no tomorrow, not to mention all the rattle when music is on..... I mean these @#$# guys I swear to world are complete idiots and are incompetent to leave work like this after I we went through all the crap..... The car has already been in shop 11 days since I bought it 4 months ago, and its ready to go back in to replace the sunroof one more time any time, plus body scratches, etc, I bet another 5 days at least.
GM gave me answer to getting a new car an its a NO..... they told me they would send me info on how to take it up with BBB, hasn't arrived yet but its just been a week.
I don't know what to say for you Raffi, except that I am sorry for you..the whole deal sucks big green weenies...I would be getting a Lawyer if it were me.[sm=violent053.gif]

Old 03-10-2006, 03:41 PM

eh if BBB doesnt help, maybe I will try that, but what can a Lawyer really do that I cant ?

Quick Reply: PROBLEMS WITH H3