PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Problem attaching taillight guards

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Default Problem attaching taillight guards

I just bought the Aries T-2277 black taillight guards. Although no drilling was supposed to be required, I had to drill the hole for the center clip on the passenger side. The passenger side taillight guard attached fairly easily to the taillight lens assembly using the same two screw holes. But the drivers side taillight guard has no attaching tabs. It came with two brackets, one fairly straight and one slightly Z shaped, and the same small center clip with tape attached that was used on the passenger taillight guard. There were no mounting instructions included. I called Aires Offroad in California and the emailed me a two page sheet, one page with written instructions and one page with an illustration of the guards showing bracket placement. However, the instructions were for the 2006 H-3, not my 2008 H-3, and the illustration and brackets bear little or no resemblance to the actual parts and the inside of the taillight. There are no screw holes where the brackets should attach. Two screw holes, one on the top and one on the bottom, are covered with black tape and were painted over, leading me to believe that these holes were drilled by mistake and covered over. There are no instructions to remove any tape covering any holes. Even if the brackets were attached to the guard, there is no way that they can be attached to the two screws holding the drivers side taillight assambly. Is the taillight assembly for the 2008's different from the 2006's? Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I also ordered the Aires Front Brush Guard. I hope that mounts easier than their taillight guards!

Old 11-01-2007, 05:11 AM
Default RE: Problem attaching taillight guards

there must be some difference in the 2 models

Old 11-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Default RE: Problem attaching taillight guards

Ok, if i'm not mistaken, the z-shaped one should go from the bottom center of the tail light guard through the space between the light and bumper, and get tightened. the straight one im'm not so sure about...i can't for the life of me remember where that goes, i think the ones i installed had them too. If this is wrong then i must not have the same brand and sorry...