PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post-leveling alignment question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Question Post-leveling alignment question

Hey all, thinking about leveling the front end of my H3 to about 23.5" and had a question... I've read the threads and such about how to do it and have a good grasp about the procedure but my question is about after the fact, where should I go to get an alignment done? Would Discount Tire be a good idea? Not many places around where I live to get alignments and stuff like that done. Tried searching, but couldn't really come up with an answer. Thank you in advance.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by TJ'S Red Devil
Hey all, thinking about leveling the front end of my H3 to about 23.5" and had a question... I've read the threads and such about how to do it and have a good grasp about the procedure but my question is about after the fact, where should I go to get an alignment done? Would Discount Tire be a good idea? Not many places around where I live to get alignments and stuff like that done. Tried searching, but couldn't really come up with an answer. Thank you in advance.

That's a great question. As an owner of an H3, and doing ride height adjustments, you want to find the best warranty, you can get with an alignment!

avg price for an alignment is around $80 and you may get a 3-6 month warranty.
However you can get 12month warranty for around $100.00. If you look a little deeper, there are places that offer 24month warranty or even 36month warranty, maybe even more, for a slightly higher price.

Now think about it, depending on what you do with your rig...

Adjust your ride height=needs an alignment.
Manufacturer recommends an alignment every 12,000 miles
Go on an offroad road trip=needs an alignment
Your ride height adjustment settles down a bit=needs an alignment.
Don't like the way your ride height adjustment feels, and adjust it again=needs an alignment.
Many other reasons to get your alignment checked...

Best I have found for the price and warranty is: SEARS 3yr WARRANTY at around $150.00

That's right, do whatever you want to do in your H3, and they will align it again, and again for FREE, for 3 years!

Do the math, 1 alignment a year as recommended= 80bucks average x 3 over the next three years=$240.00

However, you may have the need for more alignments over the next 3 years=more savings..

Warranty is the key.. GL

Last edited by hummerz; 01-22-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:15 AM

Firestone tire stores offer a LIFETIME alignment service for about $170.
They often have a coupon in the mail or in newspapers for $50 off.
I got their service for $120 with the coupon.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Discount Tire here in MI does not do any service other than sell tires and wheels, mount and rotate them.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:53 AM

Ok, thanks guys for your help.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by TJ'S Red Devil
Not many places around where I live to get alignments and stuff like that done. Tried searching, but couldn't really come up with an answer.
You are kidding right? You are unable to find an alignment shop in S.E. Michigan?

Try the online yellow pages and type in "auto alignment", I got 98 different phone #s.

X2 on the Lifetime Firestone Alignment!

Old 01-24-2014, 09:09 AM

Haha, yeah... sorry (Now I feel dumb) the closest firestone to me is about 30 miles away... don't really have the gas mileage (I know, it's a Hummer) to go that far right now because of work and college... 14 mpg with 285's and everything cleaned and all fluids replaced? But I'll take a look on Yellow Pages... never actually crossed my mind to look on that site, haha. But thanks Tainter.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:21 AM

Most tire stores can do alignments

Old 01-28-2014, 08:59 AM

Thanks telemike.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by telemike
Most tire stores can do alignments
Yes, but getting the best warranty is the key!

BTW, make sure you get a printout of your alignment specs. before & after! Match them up with the manufacturer's specs. & you will know if it is adjusted right!

Quick Reply: Post-leveling alignment question